PDA

View Full Version : Draminski

gabbagabbahey
02-18-2012, 12:56 PM
Heard on this several year ago but felt it was money that could be spent elsewhere.
Now,i think well it would be of use in an elderly female to try & better the odds. That is if it is as positive as it claims. Anyone owned one & have their own personal experience/opinion of it ?

Officially Retired
02-18-2012, 02:53 PM
Never heard of it.

gabbagabbahey
02-19-2012, 02:29 AM
Surprised you ain't Jack. By all accounts it tells you on the exact day your female is ready to breed to.
Battery operated with a probe like to insert into the female.
Pretty sure the same manufacturer does other equipment like scanners & cattle equipment.
It is around $500 new.
I have never seen one,but have heard good feedback from those that do/did.

bgblok68
02-19-2012, 04:50 AM
I hope its ok to post a link Jack. http://www.quinncarlin.ca/Draminski.php I had never heard of it either and was curious.

Officially Retired
02-19-2012, 05:12 PM
Surprised you ain't Jack. By all accounts it tells you on the exact day your female is ready to breed to.
Battery operated with a probe like to insert into the female.
Pretty sure the same manufacturer does other equipment like scanners & cattle equipment.
It is around $500 new.
I have never seen one,but have heard good feedback from those that do/did.

Interesting, but nope, never heard of it.

Thanks for posting the link :)

TFX
02-20-2012, 05:14 PM
That isn't a bad deal for the frequent breeder, and a lot less hassle than blood withdrawl.

Officially Retired
02-21-2012, 03:55 AM
Agreed.

However, after 20+ years of breeding dogs, I would say the best possible indicator of bitch ovulation, that truly is hassle-free, is an extremely-intelligent stud dog with a good nose 8-)

Lately, I have tossed the test kits and just watched Silverback's behavior toward a bitch, and he has almost never been wrong 8-)

Jack

PS: In fact, the only time he ever missed was during a small window in 2008 when he was sick. Other than that, which wasn't his fault, he's batted 100% :mrgreen:

TFX
02-21-2012, 05:13 AM
I haven't personally bred a dog for 6 years until last month, and decided to go au natural without any technology. In the first few weeks I almost broke down and got a sonogram so I would know if she took and how many she has. She has over 3 weeks left until whelping, and a belly full of pups already. So, I hear you loud and clear. :D

Ipk
02-21-2012, 04:02 PM
That is pretty sweet. Could be of great value...

No Quarter Kennel
02-26-2012, 04:38 PM
I pay attention to the bitch herself and any male dog I have that I trust.