PDA

View Full Version : Tripe and Oils

No Quarter Kennel
02-20-2012, 04:21 PM
I ordered the DVDs, I know they'll be here any day now, however, I like to discuss.

Feeding tripe on a regular basis: Is this sufficient for oils or will I still need to supplement with differen oils

2. If I use oils, is there any neccessity for tripe?

Thanks

Officially Retired
02-20-2012, 04:45 PM
I haven't used tripe for a couple months now; just the gizzards, liver, yogurt, egg, chicken, veggie mix, and oils.

No, the tripe and the oils are not the same thing at all: the oils are for energy and (with wheatgerm/ricebran) certain fat-soluble vitamins ... while the meat is a source of protein and certain enzymes.

Jack

REDRUM
02-20-2012, 05:06 PM
the oils are for energy and (with wheatgerm/ricebran) certain fat-soluble vitamins

Jack

Jack,
Aside from being a source of energy what are the nutritional benefits of supplementing with Rice Bran Oil? I don't recall reading about it in your book. Where would you say Rice Bran stands next to other essential oils such as Wheat Germ or Flax Seed?

Officially Retired
02-20-2012, 07:28 PM
Jack,
Aside from being a source of energy what are the nutritional benefits of supplementing with Rice Bran Oil? I don't recall reading about it in your book. Where would you say Rice Bran stands next to other essential oils such as Wheat Germ or Flax Seed?

Fair question. Like wheat germ oil, rice bran oil is loaded with Vitamin E.

While RB oil doesn't have quite as much Vitamin E as WG oil, it still has plenty, but it's less likely to cause allergic reaction in dogs that can't take any form of wheat products.

Jack

Perro_Verdugo
02-20-2012, 11:04 PM
which would be the best oil to give a "performance canine" if you had to choose one?

thank you for your time

Officially Retired
02-21-2012, 03:14 AM
There is no "best" oil, they each serve different functions. Flax oil is a great oil in regards to Omega 3s ... but it doesn't have any Vitamins A or E ...

This is why I don't choose "one" , but 3 oils for my dogs.

Jack

Perro_Verdugo
02-21-2012, 09:58 AM
is there a write up on the 3 oils you have choosen if not which ones are they so that i can start in the right direction with the search

thanks again...