PDA

View Full Version : Termidor SC

Nash
02-21-2012, 03:44 AM
I've been looking at a 20oz bottle Termidor SC a while now. Costs about 60 usd. I wonder if i can go and order that without having problems with customs. It doesn't seem to be available where i'm from, the Netherlands. Any tips or does anybody know if it's possible to buy this from a US seller ?

Also, since i don't have that many dogs, but plan a bit to help a few friends threating there dogs. The expiration date because of me having a small yard, should i consider it in buying the product ?

Thnx in advance.

Officially Retired
02-21-2012, 03:48 AM
I wish I had an answer for you, buddy, but I do not.

I am not sure how the laws are where you're at, but you should have products with the active ingredient fipronil where you're at. Look up "netherlands+fipronil" and see what you come up with.

Nash
02-21-2012, 03:58 AM
Thnx Jack, the only product that has Fipronil in it available here are the Frontline products. And i refuse to give them a dime after reading what you wrote. I'll contact the buyer to see if they have any clue of selling it to me without any problems.
Thnx for the quick response.

Officially Retired
02-21-2012, 04:12 AM
Sure. That is an interesting dilemma that I hadn't thought about when writing the book. You might also want to look at "termite control" products in your country, and carefully read the label for each brand, because it seems very likely that there would be a similar brand being used where you are. Just make sure there aren't "other" ingredients included that might be harmful to dogs.

Nash
02-21-2012, 05:26 AM
No problem, if you should keep records of what sells where it would be undone. Seems we dont have termites in the NL. All ant products and not even the bottled one, only little boxes to lure and kill. Ive sent the seller a message and will let you know if it worked out.

Officially Retired
02-21-2012, 05:51 AM
Well, it's a good point to bring-up, so I am interested in seeing what you come up with.

redmistkennel
02-28-2012, 08:20 PM
is the dosage for termidor the same as frontline? I have looked in the bible for it but it does tell about termidor but somebody had posted awhile back that it did.Were they wrong or has the bible been revised since december 2010?

Officially Retired
02-28-2012, 08:29 PM
is the dosage for termidor the same as frontline? I have looked in the bible for it but it does tell about termidor but somebody had posted awhile back that it did.Were they wrong or has the bible been revised since december 2010?

Yes it does tell (Saving Money Section), and yes it has been updated.

I also just posted an article, "How to Beat Fleas & Ticks," on this website that has the info also :)

Jack

redmistkennel
02-28-2012, 08:36 PM
Ok. Thank you Jack. Guess I have to buy the new edition. lol. I looked at the post you just made but did not see any mention of termidor but I will read it again now that the kids are in bed.

Nash
03-04-2012, 11:00 AM
Letting you know i got an answer from the seller that he shipped to NL before. So will be ordering in a few weeks and keep you posted.

Officially Retired
03-04-2012, 05:59 PM
What is the shipping on that?

Nash
03-05-2012, 12:40 AM
18 usd.

Officially Retired
03-05-2012, 06:56 AM
Really, that is not too bad then, when compared to the price of still using Frontline :shocked:

Nash
03-05-2012, 08:00 AM
Ridiculously ! I am not going to give them a penny. Even if my dog would be covered in ticks, frontline won't get a single cent ever again ! ( Talked too much shit to still buy it now )

redmistkennel
04-05-2012, 06:12 PM
decided to read my PBB again since it has been close to a year that I read it. Got to the part today that talks about this product and do not remember reading it the last 2 times I read the book. Guess I don't need a newer edition yet after all.

Officially Retired
04-14-2012, 06:55 PM
decided to read my PBB again since it has been close to a year that I read it. Got to the part today that talks about this product and do not remember reading it the last 2 times I read the book. Guess I don't need a newer edition yet after all.

It is said you have to read a book 5x just to be able to retain 65% of the information ...