PDA

View Full Version : breeding a female base on father and mother performance

montycash
02-27-2012, 12:44 AM
i recently went back on my word witch is " i breed dogs who are proven to me that they are worth breeding"( they have to show me like the golden days how they begining doggers did. I breed a female due to she was the last off her litter dam was a bulldog and sir was a bulldog as well. The litter was consist of 3pups one male and two female. the one male got in a kennel accident and did not survive and the other sister was owned by a knucklehead stupid ass guy that did the pup injustice before she had a chance. Now the last living dog out the litter never proved to me nothing at all but i took a chance and breed her basic on her perents . The Male i stud her to is a beautiful male he is worth breeding to he has proven himself. Did anyone ever did the same thing i did and what was the outcome of the breeding. What were you thinking when you were raising the litter? really would love to know you guys opinion thanks all

Officially Retired
02-27-2012, 11:44 AM
i recently went back on my word witch is " i breed dogs who are proven to me that they are worth breeding"( they have to show me like the golden days how they begining doggers did. I breed a female due to she was the last off her litter dam was a bulldog and sir was a bulldog as well. The litter was consist of 3pups one male and two female. the one male got in a kennel accident and did not survive and the other sister was owned by a knucklehead stupid ass guy that did the pup injustice before she had a chance. Now the last living dog out the litter never proved to me nothing at all but i took a chance and breed her basic on her perents . The Male i stud her to is a beautiful male he is worth breeding to he has proven himself. Did anyone ever did the same thing i did and what was the outcome of the breeding. What were you thinking when you were raising the litter? really would love to know you guys opinion thanks all

A couple of points my friend: 1) she is your dog and you can do whatever you want with her; 2) one thing I have learned in these dogs is 99.99999x out of 100, a dog's life will be shorter than what you expect. That said, if something is "the last" of your best blood, and you can "make more of it," take advantage of it while you have the chance. You can always get rid of dogs you have, that you don't like, but you can never produce what you want with dogs you "don't have" to begin with. I can't tell you how many people I know who have said, "Wow I wish I would have bred X while I had the chance ..."

With that preamble out of the way, however, I can't tell you if your particular pups are going to be good or not. What I can tell you is, when dog genetics are prepotent (and properly-managed), that yes there is a high likelihood of the pups getting the traits of their parents, absolutely. That is the entire point of linebreeding.

Jack

SHOWBOX
07-28-2012, 05:02 PM
A couple of points my friend: 1) she is your dog and you can do whatever you want with her; 2) one thing I have learned in these dogs is 99.99999x out of 100, a dog's life will be shorter than what you expect. That said, if something is "the last" of your best blood, and you can "make more of it," take advantage of it while you have the chance. You can always get rid of dogs you have, that you don't like, but you can never produce what you want with dogs you "don't have" to begin with. I can't tell you how many people I know who have said, "Wow I wish I would have bred X while I had the chance ..."

With that preamble out of the way, however, I can't tell you if your particular pups are going to be good or not. What I can tell you is, when dog genetics are prepotent (and properly-managed), that yes there is a high likelihood of the pups getting the traits of their parents, absolutely. That is the entire point of linebreeding.

Jack

OUTSTANDING...I agree 100%. I only wish I had learned this aspect sooner.

SHOWBOX

sam i am
07-28-2012, 10:59 PM
That pretty much somes it up

Officially Retired
07-29-2012, 01:54 AM
Here is an example of how "everything you want" can slip through your fingers in the blink of an eye: Ch Miagi (4xW) (http://www.thepitbullbible.com/forum/bulldog_profile.php?dog_id=7686)

This dog was a true "Poncho dog" in every sense of the word: game, tough, human-smart, could breathe, could wrestle, could take it, and stopped multiple dogs in rolls as well as stopping everything he ever faced, 4x in a row, when placed in contracted matches.

In fact, old-timer Indian Sonny refereed Miagi's 2nd match, and after seeing this dog, Sonny then hand-selected an opponent and directly hooked into Miagi for #3. Rarely can any dog beat a knowledgeable dogman, after he sees him perform, but Miagi came from way back and stopped Sonny's dog cold in around 1:30. Miagi simply could adapt and do whatever it took to win.

In Miagi's 4th match, he was used as a substitute for his father Hero. Hero was hooked at 47 (and Miagi was a 44), but Hero took ill during the last part of his keep, and so Miagi was taken off the chain 2 weeks out, and was used as a substitute dog ... spotting 3 lb of weight ... and it was his best performance ever! Apparently, Desert Kennels had been doing Miagi too light all 3 times (which makes his winning 3x previously like that all the more remarkable), because at the higher weight of 47 lb Miagi showed exceptional body strength, beat the stuffing out of his bigger opponent, and would knock both dog and owner over the wall on his scratches.

Well, the geniuses who had Miagi prescribed to the belief that "we never breed dogs that are on the campaign trail," and (following this ill-thought credo) they never bred to Miagi one time. Not one effin' time did they take advantage of breeding to this absolutely game, absolutely high-class dog. Unfortunately, because they had been doing him so light, little did they know that Miagi was progressively succumbing to kidney failure ... and within a few short weeks of his 4th win, this great dog was found dead on his chain, never bred to one time.

That goes to show how good dogs can come & go from this earth, never being taken advantage of while they're still here :(

Jack

sam i am
07-29-2012, 05:05 AM
What a waste of a real fine dog. The dog seldom are the problem such as in Ch Miagi case.

Dogman
07-31-2012, 03:35 PM
In breeding there are exceptions to every rule, depending on your given circumstances and situation at that time. You dont have to follow everyone's verbatim.

evolutionkennels
09-06-2012, 02:55 PM
“We are all alone, born alone, die alone, and -- in spite of True Romance magazines -- we shall all someday look back on our lives and see that, in spite of our company, we were alone the whole way. I do not say lonely -- at least, not all the time -- but essentially, and finally, alone. This is what makes your self-respect so important, and I don't see how you can respect yourself if you must look in the hearts and minds of others for your happiness.”*―*Hunter S. Thompson

I love this quote.. there is truth in it. BREED WHATEVER THE FLOCK YOU WANT TO, and whenever you kick ass or get your ass kicked, you'll know that either way, it was YOUR IDEA. more often than not, your gut is correct. You are you're most important critic. Nothing else matters.