PDA

View Full Version : Just a quick vent

wrknapbt
03-06-2012, 07:52 AM
I hate dumb ass people. Feeding a dog raw mixed with kibble is just stupid.

R2L
03-06-2012, 08:12 AM
so true :)

why would you still feed kibble if you're convinced of raw being healthier:lol:
if you do, at least use a "pressed" kibble

bad dog
03-06-2012, 08:26 AM
can't make up there mind lol

scary
03-06-2012, 09:30 AM
Some people just have no business in DOGS what so ever....

wrknapbt
03-06-2012, 09:59 AM
Some people just have no business in DOGS what so ever....

Yup but then again this same dude is calling his 110 plus pound camelot dogs , gamedogs.

scary
03-06-2012, 02:47 PM
Lol

AmberLamps
03-07-2012, 08:59 AM
Sorry to be rude, but who gives a shit? they're his dogs to feed and call what he likes.

Look on the positive side - at least his dogs are getting some raw in their diet, they're getting nutrients that they wouldn't be getting if fed kibble alone. To be perfectly honest, he sounds like someone trying to do the best for his dogs, he just lacks the confidence and knowledge to make the switch 100% to raw. Hence why he's trying to cover all bases and feeding a mix of raw and kibble.

skipper
03-07-2012, 09:14 AM
Sorry to be rude, but who gives a shit? they're his dogs to feed and call what he likes.

Look on the positive side - at least his dogs are getting some raw in their diet, they're getting nutrients that they wouldn't be getting if fed kibble alone. To be perfectly honest, he sounds like someone trying to do the best for his dogs, he just lacks the confidence and knowledge to make the switch 100% to raw. Hence why he's trying to cover all bases and feeding a mix of raw and kibble.

I agree, before switching to raw food it's good to know the basics. The fact that he's giving meat to the dog can never be stupid. I'm sure he wants whats best for his dogs. Switching from raw to kibble on the other hand, is stupid. Once you see how healthy your dogs are on raw, you never gonna switch back.

AmberLamps
03-07-2012, 09:32 AM
To be fair, some of the criticism he's had in this thread is uncalled for. Like you've pointed out, the fact he's giving meat to the dog can never be stupid. He just needs a bit more education as to the benefits of a 100% raw diet. I'm sure he'll never go back to kibble if he switches to raw and sees the benefits first hand for himself.

Officially Retired
03-07-2012, 11:58 AM
Good points.

It is easy to fall into a mindset of brutal criticism ... I know I have done my share in the past :D

But let's try to keep the spirit of "helping" in mind, because it will be more likely that this fellow will open up to raw completely, once he gains the confidence in what he is doing to do so.

Jack

wrknapbt
03-08-2012, 02:45 AM
This fellow that I'm speaking of posted his raw/kibble diet on a open forum about how this was a good diet and when I did not even say he was wrong but decided to open a new thread about proper raw feeding he jumped defensive . So myself anf others began to explain on why mixing the two at the same feeding is a bad idea do to the time that it takes kibble to digest. But then he began to PM me with personal attacks which I will not get into here but it's been handled.

Officially Retired
03-08-2012, 06:10 AM
This fellow that I'm speaking of posted his raw/kibble diet on a open forum about how this was a good diet and when I did not even say he was wrong but decided to open a new thread about proper raw feeding he jumped defensive . So myself anf others began to explain on why mixing the two at the same feeding is a bad idea do to the time that it takes kibble to digest. But then he began to PM me with personal attacks which I will not get into here but it's been handled.

I know it gets frustrating trying to teach people correct methods. I don't understand why a man would attack you like that, but he probably felt stupid having his own post sitting up there in public ... only to have you post better information on another thread. People's egos are sensitive as hell, and even though you showed the class of just starting your own thread, rather than undermining him on his thread, this man's weakness and insecurity just couldn't take it.

The good in all of this is that you're at least helping those who want to listen, and the condition of your dogs speaks for itself.

Jack

R2L
03-08-2012, 06:17 AM
Yup but then again this same dude is calling his 110 plus pound camelot dogs , gamedogs.

Why try to educate this folks anyway, these dogs are screwed up anyhow no matter what they eat :rotflmao:

wrknapbt
03-08-2012, 07:17 AM
Where is that link to the studay done on the fat that dogs needed to work better?

redmistkennel
04-05-2012, 08:31 PM
Just seen a bully breeder, who claims his dogs are proven game dogs cuz he hog hunts them, say that all these people not feeding their dogs kibble with raw are idiots. He makes the claim that raw is only supposed to be used to supplement a good kibble diet. May be the same guy this thread was started over.