PDA

View Full Version : SET UP YARD AND PREPARE !

montycash
03-09-2012, 08:20 PM
I am fairly new into the bulldog world but i have to say from when i first started and breed 2 litters first litter one pup died due to something fall on the pup and killed it due to POOR HOUSING! for female to whelp the pups. Second time breed some dogs one pup was missing due to POOR HOUSING! both time i used the same pen i used the aluminum fencing that the use around schools and so forth and some wood and pour a little pad for concrete slab. NOW i have an above ground pen for my female in pup so far out this is the first breeding i did and i have to say its soo much easy . I can check the pups everyday with just opening the door to the back of the pen where they are in a clean and dry enclosed area and the mom can walk outside and shit and piss and keep the area where the pups are clean. and she is happy and not stressed out . My goal is to improve more and READ! more and strive to have the best kennel environment and feeding for my dogs. Cause when i call on them for the best performance they should have no reason cause i did my BEST!!!!

scary
03-09-2012, 08:47 PM
Fortunately ive never had that problem but i can see it how easy it could had happened before i started useing above ground pens. But the the thing that comes to mind for me is how much less of problems I've had with cleaning and overall health of pups and and my bitch. I use to keep mine in kennels to and the frist thing my bitch
would do and pups when they got of age of course was come out during cleaning or feeding ect was run threw shit. Lol but havn't had that problem since.

R2L
03-10-2012, 12:03 AM
when you put a dog in a kennel which is big enough they will respect their space. i have 3x2m kennels which i don't think are "big" but not to small either. they always piss and drop in the same corner. i have galvanized wooden platforms in them which are 10 cm from the floor. so they can lay down/chew on their bones away from the floor. i think its also better for their joints then laying on the concrete. still proper cleaning and disinfecting is very important.

pups are just drama they shit and walk all over, an above ground pen is perfect for that!

Officially Retired
03-10-2012, 08:05 AM
Yep. Taking care of pups seems simple ... until you have your first tragic accident or two.

The commercial kennels are unacceptable, and most any rig on the ground is unacceptable also (as R2L says, just due to the volume and indescriminate placement of the shit).

There really are superior methods to use, and inferior methods to use, and they can be judged as such by the realities of implementing them. When you feed raw, and when you keep your pups in above-ground pens, you are eliminating virtually all of the pitfalls (no pun intended) of raising pups, by the reasons set forth in my book and DVD.

Jack

montycash
03-11-2012, 01:15 AM
Jack man im still pricing the raw diet im really trying to sit down with my partner to see how we can go rawfeed on the dogs. Right now im still on kibble and to tell you the truth its killing my new pen i built and i feel so bad @ times feeding it knowing its not THE BEST i can give . But ill think of a sloution very soon with my kennel mate .Sad part is i live in the dam islands and its so dam hard to get discarded meat or even the meat it self the bucher informed me from couple stores they never have scraps they ise everything .