PDA

View Full Version : TRIFEXIS??????

scary
03-10-2012, 06:39 AM
Read about this so called little magic pill that kill fleas prevents tick kill heart worms and i think round worms. Anyone ever heard of this supposed magical pill or ever use it.

http://www.trifexis.com/about-trifexis/faqs.aspx

Officially Retired
03-10-2012, 07:59 AM
This drug appears to be quite interesting.

It is a combination of milbemycin oxime (which is what Interceptor is based on, and is an excellent wormer in the same general class as ivermectin) and a newly-developed, organically-friendly product called Spinosad (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spinosad).

This is the first time I have heard of it, so I can't comment too much right now, but it does look to be a very promising, environmentally-sound product to use.

Have you tried it?

Jack

scary
03-10-2012, 08:50 AM
No i just heard about it today. I may be mistaken but i believe it is a relatively new drug. It SOUNDS good.

Officially Retired
03-10-2012, 08:56 AM
No i just heard about it today. I may be mistaken but i believe it is a relatively new drug. It SOUNDS good.

If you look at the Wikipedia reference, the claims about it sound interesting, but (at this point) came with no accredited published studies. You will also note that Wikipedia may remove these claims if they are unsupported. This falls in line with the trouble I had with diatomaceous earth not too long ago.

I don't have the time to research this product today, but it does sound interesting. At some point I will get back to it, or if you have the time, maybe you could research "spinosad + published study" etc. and see if you come up with any actual government- or university-published results.

If so, share them here :D

Jack

FrostyPaws
04-06-2012, 08:59 PM
Comfortis is a new flea medication given in oral tablet form. It's main ingredient is Spinosad. I use it on my housedog and my outside mutt, and it works very well.

montycash
01-20-2014, 11:10 AM
I use comfortis as well on my dogs a bit pricey but it works I really looking to get that trifexis

brokeback
01-20-2014, 11:17 AM
I've used trifexis a few times, I got it from the vet. I've since went back to my normal routine but not because of anything negative with trifexis, I just hate being dependent on the vet for stuff and I couldn't find another place to get it. Seemed to work well though.