PDA

View Full Version : how to flush your dog?

scary
03-14-2012, 08:17 AM
I've heard that it's best to flush your dog with mineral oil. Is it correct? If so how much?

scary
03-14-2012, 12:01 PM
Bumb

Officially Retired
03-14-2012, 02:51 PM
Bumb

Please give at least 24 hours before bumping. I cannot spend 24 hours a day here and answer everything, without a moment's rest or sleep, and hover over here all day without getting the other things of my life accomplished :lol:

Is this an emergency because he swallowed something? If this is a true emergency, write HELP!!! EMERGENCY!!! on your thread, so I will treat it as such, and if I don't respond because I am out and away, then you need to go to the vet.

If it is not an emergency, then please allow me 24 hours to respond before bumping.

Anyway, regarding this post here, I don't understand what you mean by "flush" ... what are you trying to accomplish exactly?

Thanks,

Jack

scary
03-14-2012, 07:15 PM
Sorry jack i was just quite upset today. I had placed a high calber hound with what i thought was a well qualified keeper but i was WRONG. Not to go into a rant about someone whose here to defend there self. But anyways i did a surprise vist and this bitch had been walking in here on shit for what looked like a good while. And there were other signs that lead me to think she has worms. I inspected her shit and it was firm and small from what looked an raw diet and he is feeding kible. So i asked and he had been feeling table scraps like re fried beans and baked potatoes and some other things he had no right to. So i started her first treatments for worms. And noticed she hadn't shit like normal and i didn't see any worms pass. Then come feeling time she had a sudden decreased appetite. Then became less activeSo. I finally seen her trying to
pass her shit. But with no luck alot of ass jerking
and turning in circles. Finally a little came out but
not enough. She was completely fine until next day after receiving her worm medicine is when this all came on. She was wormed with pyrantel pamoate. At the does listed in the PBB. I didn't mean to upset you jack with the bumb it wasn't directed completely at you but anybody that had a answer. You are correct i should had waited for the bumb i guess i was use to my questions damn near getting a reply before i could post them lol. So once again sorry for if i upset you won't happen again i guess the members are less active then before or more members. But again didn't mean to seem inpatient or like an ass. Just still upset from the events from the last few days. Thanks again Scary

Officially Retired
03-14-2012, 07:28 PM
Sorry jack i was just quite upset today. I had placed a high calber hound with what i thought was a well qualified keeper but i was WRONG. Not to go into a rant about someone whose here to defend there self. But anyways i did a surprise vist and this bitch had been walking in here on shit for what looked like a good while. And there were other signs that lead me to think she has worms. I inspected her shit and it was firm and small from what looked an raw diet and he is feeding kible. So i asked and he had been feeling table scraps like re fried beans and baked potatoes and some other things he had no right to. So i started her first treatments for worms. And noticed she hadn't shit like normal and i didn't see any worms pass. Then come feeling time she had a sudden decreased appetite. Then became less activeSo. I finally seen her trying to
pass her shit. But with no luck alot of ass jerking
and turning in circles. Finally a little came out but
not enough. She was completely fine until next day after receiving her worm medicine is when this all came on. She was wormed with pyrantel pamoate. At the does listed in the PBB. I didn't mean to upset you jack with the bumb it wasn't directed completely at you but anybody that had a answer. You are correct i should had waited for the bumb i guess i was use to my questions damn near getting a reply before i could post them lol. So once again sorry for if i upset you won't happen again i guess the members are less active then before or more members. But again didn't mean to seem inpatient or like an ass. Just still upset from the events from the last few days. Thanks again Scary

That is fine ... let me see if I can help:

Is your bitch eating?

Does she throw up after she eats?

Can she keep anything down?

Yes, mineral oil will help pass blocked items SOMETIMES ... but, if it does not, the dog will need surgery to get bad blockages out.

The big question is can she eat and hold anything down?

Jack

scary
03-14-2012, 07:41 PM
Yes sir she will eat a little and keep it down. And will pass a little as well but she is in obvious discomfort when she trying.

Officially Retired
03-14-2012, 07:54 PM
1) What are you feeding her, food-wise?

2) Yes, I would give her 1 cup of mineral oil with a little milk in it to get her to drink it.

Jack

scary
03-14-2012, 08:02 PM
The premium raw diet off your feeding raw dvd and pbb.

Thanks and once again sorry jack i know your super super busy.

Officially Retired
03-14-2012, 08:22 PM
No need to apologize my friend, I just need a little time to respond to an ordinary request (at least 24 hours).

However, if it's an emergency (which this could have been) then just say EMERGENCY!!! on your post, and that way I will get to it much faster.

Sometimes dogs are REAL wormy and struggle if they get wormed too ...

Hope she turns out okay ...

Jack