PDA

View Full Version : sevendust

scary
03-17-2012, 07:12 PM
I went to buy a five pound bag after running out of what seemed like a life time supply that i had. The store clerk told me that epa has regulated it. And that the bugs have seemed to built a immune to it.
What's the next best thing that's safe for their beding? I have heard Diatomaceo us earth. Any thoughts recommendations? Thanks in advance!

Officially Retired
03-18-2012, 05:26 AM
I went to buy a five pound bag after running out of what seemed like a life time supply that i had. The store clerk told me that epa has regulated it. And that the bugs have seemed to built a immune to it.
What's the next best thing that's safe for their beding? I have heard Diatomaceo us earth. Any thoughts recommendations? Thanks in advance!

Unfortunately, I too have heard of the problems with sevin dust that you mentioned.

And as far as what to use as a substitute, you beat me to it :D

Yes, all reports show that diatomaceous earth is excellent at the capacity of dry powder bug killer ... but it has to be dry to work, so use it with dry, fresh bedding.

Jack

scary
03-18-2012, 08:57 AM
How much would you recommend mixing with a new bag of cedar chips?

Officially Retired
03-18-2012, 10:25 AM
I am unfamiliar with the product, but I would imagine you use about the same amount of DE as you would sevin dust.

scary
03-18-2012, 01:14 PM
Thanks!