PDA

View Full Version : Intelligent bloodlines

lbd
03-19-2012, 05:04 AM
What lines in your opinions carry a higher level of intelligence?

Officially Retired
03-19-2012, 06:04 AM
In my opinion, they don't come any smarter than Poncho dogs.

Bolio dogs in general are pretty smart. I have also been told that the Ch Slim Shady dogs are also very smart.

Jack

lbd
03-19-2012, 08:13 AM
Thanks Jack appreciate the info

wrknapbt
03-19-2012, 09:20 AM

Bolio dogs in general are pretty smart. I have also been told that the Ch Slim Shady dogs are also very smart.

Jack

Had some guys who claimed to own SLim Shady and they now have peds with him crossed to some camelot dogs. eeeeeeewwwwww

Officially Retired
03-19-2012, 03:16 PM
Had some guys who claimed to own SLim Shady and they now have peds with him crossed to some camelot dogs. eeeeeeewwwwww

I believe Camelot Kennels are the owners of Slim Shady ... they breed show dogs/pets too.

Since Slim was such a smart dog, it actually kinda makes sense that they mix some Slim blood in there :idea:

Jack

QCKLime
03-19-2012, 03:31 PM

Jack

Certainly, the smartest dogs I've owned or been exposed to have been Bolio dogs. My little Invicto II female is incredibly intelligent, you could see it in her from the time I picked her up from the airport, before she was five weeks old. The double bred Superbuck bitch I had is right behind her in the smarts department, the things she could figure out on her own were remarkable - and a huge pain in the ass. The thing that really separates the two is the Invicto bitch's MASSIVE desire to LEARN, and her attention span, which is impressively expansive for such a high strung little thing. In my personal experience, the more Bolio/Buck in my dogs, the smarter they are, and the larger their will to please is, and the better their overall temperament. They're like tiny little furry peoples.

I haven't had the pleasure yet of spending any real time with a Poncho or Vise-Grip dog, but I can say that one of the hands-down smartest BOX dogs I ever saw was a heavy Poncho male. If his owner/handler would've had a quarter of the dog's intelligence, he would've had an excellent chance of earning a nice title.

Officially Retired
03-19-2012, 03:42 PM
I haven't had the pleasure yet of spending any real time with a Poncho or Vise-Grip dog, but I can say that one of the hands-down smartest BOX dogs I ever saw was a heavy Poncho male. If his owner/handler would've had a quarter of the dog's intelligence, he would've had an excellent chance of earning a nice title.

If only ...

I am sure it was another hand-to-face experience :rolleyes:

Generally the first sign of a really smart dogs is they got "them eyes" :mrgreen:

Jack

QCKLime
03-19-2012, 04:00 PM
I am sure it was another hand-to-face experience :rolleyes:

It was more of a boot-to-ass experience, actually, as it was the last time I ever spoke to those individuals. I refuse to be associated with anyone of such low-rung intellect, class, or compassion. Just third-rate dog people all around.

Honestly, it was quite difficult to keep from hand-in-facing the perpetrators in this particular instance, if you know what I mean. Unfortunately, there are far too many times where our dogs have the best of their owners in regards to smarts AND heart.

Officially Retired
03-19-2012, 05:35 PM
It was more of a boot-to-ass experience, actually, as it was the last time I ever spoke to those individuals.

:lol:

I refuse to be associated with anyone of such low-rung intellect, class, or compassion. Just third-rate dog people all around.

Amen sister :idea:

Honestly, it was quite difficult to keep from hand-in-facing the perpetrators in this particular instance, if you know what I mean. Unfortunately, there are far too many times where our dogs have the best of their owners in regards to smarts AND heart.

I do know what you mean. And you articulated it perfectly.

Sad but true.

Jack

No Quarter Kennel
03-19-2012, 09:03 PM
The Hammonds line is as smart as most you'll find. The basis that everything they've been based on is an actual purpose dictates and emphasis on intelligence.

Everyone here keeps mentioning the Bolio stuff and I only had one Bolio type dog, by way of pure Tonka Red Baron blood and I can honestly say, my Amos dog was one of the most intelligent and "in tune" dogs I've ever owned. Loved that dog.

Outside of that, I'll stick with what I know and thats the Hammonds Rufus/Alligator stuff.

TFX
03-20-2012, 07:52 AM
My own dogs are the smartest I have ever been around. They are ringwise, tractable, and overall have good judgment. They will not hit everything that moves, are generally good with puppies, and are just a pleasure to be around. I have owned lot of dogs from a lot of different lines since my first in 1986, bred a fair number since 1990, and have not.had any finer than I have right now. Stupid dogs never had a place in.our program, and neither have dogs with questions as to their quality in any regard. We have moved out "yard baser" animals that many people would have been happy with because they had something about them that was not up to the standard. When you do that long enough, you end up with dogs that you really like on a very consistent basis.

STORMY
03-20-2012, 04:15 PM
My own dogs are the smartest I have ever been around. They are ringwise, tractable, and overall have good judgment. They will not hit everything that moves, are generally good with puppies, and are just a pleasure to be around. I have owned lot of dogs from a lot of different lines since my first in 1986, bred a fair number since 1990, and have not.had any finer than I have right now. Stupid dogs never had a place in.our program, and neither have dogs with questions as to their quality in any regard. We have moved out "yard baser" animals that many people would have been happy with because they had something about them that was not up to the standard. When you do that long enough, you end up with dogs that you really like on a very consistent basis.

TFX
This rule helps one to stay grounded and true to his or her program.

Hushman
03-21-2012, 09:17 AM
i have a heavy andy capp gyp coming down from snaps,n she is extremely smart!!!!

bad dog
03-24-2012, 04:11 AM

hate to say this but ofrn show dogs are some really smart hounds!

TFX
03-28-2012, 08:45 AM
hate to say this but ofrn show dogs are some really smart hounds!

No need to apologize here, Jack and I are both OFRN fanciers as I am sure many others are. Here is one of the most durable, and certainly one of the gamest dogs to ever look through a collar. She descended from "show lines", but she was so straight bred on a good Hemphill-Clouse foundation that she still had it all.

http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/pictures/19923.jpg (http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Pedigrees&file=printPedigree&dog_id=19923)

This bitch had dozens of hours of time on her. She quit many, and stayed with many others who were much more talented than her without ever making a bad move. And yes, she had human-like intelligence.

Officially Retired
03-28-2012, 04:25 PM
Good post! Yep, OFRN dogs are smart as hell ... I just wish someone would have kept them game as hell too :(

My Red Angel (who I got back in 1989) stopped the brother of the dog that killed Truman (yep, she whipped a male and she spotted him weight to boot). She also stopped a double-bred daugher of Garner's Lever Red in :15 that was supposedly "game tested." Red Angel was a superb ear dog, who would also go to the throat and the kidneys.

I bred Red Angel to Truman and only got 1 good dog out of 10, Red Magic.

I bred her to Poncho and got 10 out of 10, an all-A-caliber litter. Over 16 wins came from that breeding.

lbd
03-28-2012, 04:46 PM
can you make the ped public please

SGC
03-29-2012, 05:34 PM
No need to apologize here, Jack and I are both OFRN fanciers as I am sure many others are. Here is one of the most durable, and certainly one of the gamest dogs to ever look through a collar. She descended from "show lines", but she was so straight bred on a good Hemphill-Clouse foundation that she still had it all.

http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/pictures/19923.jpg (http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Pedigrees&file=printPedigree&dog_id=19923)

This bitch had dozens of hours of time on her. She quit many, and stayed with many others who were much more talented than her without ever making a bad move. And yes, she had human-like intelligence.

That's a very nice bitch, some good old blood there!

Here is her public pedigree --

http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Public&file=printPedigree&dog_id=19923

I like how she was bred, too bad there aren't any OFRN left like her.

TFX
03-30-2012, 08:22 AM
Maudie had an indominable spirit. She went over an hour at age 14. I tried to breed her several times and never got pups. I loaned her back to her breeder in between my efforts, and she had a couple of pups for them. She cycled oddly, and in hindsight I think progresterone testing would have solved my troubles. This bitch's endurance, durability, and gameness really needed to be experienced to be believed. She was a total freak of nature in that department even though she was a mush mouth that had a silly style. That goofy style totally frustrated and confused other bitches.

lbd
03-30-2012, 02:22 PM
Thanks and she was a nice looking bitch

redmistkennel
03-30-2012, 08:09 PM
My ofrn bitches seem to ovulate late in their heat. Close to the 20th day. Then I have a friend who either does not catch them when they come in or they ovulate in the first week.

redmistkennel
03-30-2012, 08:14 PM
They seem to be head ear and mouth dogs. Very smart for the most part but a couple not real smart. lol

CCCSleeper
04-19-2012, 01:04 PM
The smartest dog i ever saw was this dog that we owned. Super slick wrestling head dog that knew how to stay out of trouble. He would also side step dogs when they scratched to avoid being slammed into the corner and would jump on their head. So smart he wore dogs down, frustrate them and then would finish in the throat.

http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Public&file=printPedigree&dog_id=34419

Officially Retired
04-19-2012, 04:35 PM
Sounds like my kind of dog amigo 8)

Congratulations on owning such a fine animal!

Jack

OGDOGG
04-19-2012, 08:55 PM
The smartest box dog I've seen was PonchoBack. He never made a bad move in battle. Every time
his opponent came at him, he'll counter by moving backwards or sideways while controlling their head with a nose or face hold. With his powerful lock and unbelievable strength, he was always in control.He would wear them down and it didn't matter how long it took. Outside the box, he was disciplined and acted like a well trained dog. He always kept himself clean so I never had to gave him a bath and he was my house dog. He was almost the perfect dog.
http://www.thepitbullbible.com/forum/bulldog_profile.php?dog_id=177

GLOBALKENNELS
05-09-2012, 04:52 PM
The Hammonds line is as smart as most you'll find. The basis that everything they've been based on is an actual purpose dictates and emphasis on intelligence.

Everyone here keeps mentioning the Bolio stuff and I only had one Bolio type dog, by way of pure Tonka Red Baron blood and I can honestly say, my Amos dog was one of the most intelligent and "in tune" dogs I've ever owned. Loved that dog.

Outside of that, I'll stick with what I know and thats the Hammonds Rufus/Alligator stuff.

i agree

SHOWBOX
05-19-2012, 06:07 AM
Jethro produces intelligent dogs.

The smartest dog I ever owned was half-sister to Meshack (http://www.thepitbullbible.com/forum/bulldog_profile.php?dog_id=2570), who himself held that title until she arrived. Owning them both was like having young kids running around with collars. :lol:

http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Public&file=printPedigree&dog_id=252421

She was sired by Jethro to CGD’s Dirty Maria. She possessed human intelligence problem solving techniques and was one very impressive bulldog. Just my opinion.

SHOWBOX

OGDOGG
05-19-2012, 06:44 AM
God damn that is one nice looking bitch ShowBox.

skipper
05-19-2012, 07:29 AM
Wow is that back end or what? LOL

SHOWBOX
05-19-2012, 07:32 AM
God damn that is one nice looking bitch ShowBox.

:mrgreen:

SHOWBOX

Nash
05-19-2012, 08:10 AM
Wow is that back end or what? LOL

Same question !

Good looking animal SHOWBOX !

SHOWBOX
05-19-2012, 03:32 PM
Same question !

Good looking animal SHOWBOX !

Thank you gentlemen. :D

SHOWBOX

Abe
05-20-2012, 01:32 PM
That is a beautiful beast showbox

blastfrompast
05-21-2012, 07:47 AM
hey OGDOGG,
do you stil have ponchoback? hope so,he sounds like an amazing animal.

OGDOGG
05-21-2012, 06:21 PM
hey OGDOGG,
do you stil have ponchoback? hope so,he sounds like an amazing animal.
Unfortunately no, he passed the day after his second show. Like I said he was almost the perfect dog. The only reason why he wasn't the perfect dog was because he was sterile. If you thought the masterbating dog was hilarious, PonchoBack had his own unusual story as well.

inkdogg
06-21-2012, 11:10 AM
Unfortunately no, he passed the day after his second show. Like I said he was almost the perfect dog. The only reason why he wasn't the perfect dog was because he was sterile. If you thought the masterbating dog was hilarious, PonchoBack had his own unusual story as well.

Would love to hear PonchoBack's story :D

DryCreek
07-08-2012, 06:11 PM
By far the smartest dogs were of Bert Clouse descent.Mix that with some old school Maloney blood and you got a camp of dogs that will out smart you lol.

Officially Retired
07-11-2012, 11:21 AM
So far, every Poncho dog that has ever faced a "Bolio" dog has whipped it ... and outsmarted it. This has actually happened 5x in a row in contests I am aware of, where "Bolio dogs" directly from Patrick have lost to "Poncho dogs" directly from me.

I think the reason for this is my belief that Ch Hammer is really off of Smith & Williams' Rueben (http://www.thepitbullbible.com/forum/bulldog_profile.php?dog_id=687), not Bull Boy Bob as papered.

Even my own high-powered Coca Cola dogs (linebred off of Mason's Bolio Jr.) have all got their asses handed to them by my best Poncho dogs (down from Mason's Ch Hammer), and that is because Mason's Bolio Jr. was really off of BBB, while Ch Hammer was really off of Reuben. My very best Coca Cola dogs were also heavy Hammer dogs, as individuals like Ch Stormbringer (http://www.thepitbullbible.com/forum/bulldog_profile.php?dog_id=211), Ch Vengence (http://www.thepitbullbible.com/forum/bulldog_profile.php?dog_id=1126), and Ch Tulipa (http://www.thepitbullbible.com/forum/bulldog_profile.php?dog_id=7382) reflect.

I will be writing an article on "why" I think this is so ...

Jack

inkdogg
07-11-2012, 02:14 PM
I will be writing an article on "why" I think this is so ...
Jack

Dats gonna be nice to read...

Officially Retired
07-11-2012, 02:40 PM
Working on it now, good sir :)

inkdogg
07-12-2012, 03:44 AM
:cheers::appl::cheers:

Officially Retired
07-12-2012, 12:00 PM
Just to let you and everybody know, I have not forgotten.

I am working on a huge and extremely detailed article proving Patrick falsified paperwork involving Reuben, which article is going to include a link to a tape Bobby Smith made of Patrick admitting to all of this with his own voice, so stay tuned!

Jack

Ojaz
07-20-2012, 07:08 AM
IMO the smartest dog I ever had that threw smart winning dogs is Aycarts Athena...triple dolly rom... with a1/4 eli..... ATHENA is an rom bitch thanks to the infamous JL. She was bred to the best he could find.

super smart... and at 14 a pleasure to have own into her old age....

how was she smart...?? her only fault I could say is she was and is slow..very slow.. But She had great timing, she was like the first jiujitsu masters in the ufc..very relaxed, calm she maintained good position, she also seemed to dish it out 10 to 1.. her offense had a defensive edge to it. Except..... when she got what she wanted.. shoulder,chest , stifle .. She got a mouthful all the way back to her molars and then she really turned it on..

She beat faster head dogs. she beat crazy mouth barnstormers(bobby hall dog) she beat ace azzend dogs. and made it look easy..
Her style was not what I think is the best style...HEAD,FACE defensive dogs. But she did what she did amazingly well against everything in front of her.
ar.
Kudos to JL of vabulldogs for the two breedings he did though imo he is a sob...She is an ROM bitch in just two breedings... I have a son who is the hardest biting dog I ever had by far.. He is not so smart and defensive... his style is BITE ME... no problem.. I AM GONNA BITE U AND BREAK U..

Most of her offspring including BUBBA JR 4XW won via smarts,gameness, and finish. Seems the Uno litter bit the hardest and the Switchblade litter won by smarts n gameness. Unfortunately I never got to see 16 of 18 of her offspring in her first two litters. so I am going by owners ,handlers and spectators heresay...

Peace all

and he has...

Dogman
07-27-2012, 05:32 PM
Gambler's Virgil dogs are very smart.

SHOWBOX
07-28-2012, 06:52 AM
That is a beautiful beast showbox

Thank you Abe.

SHOWBOX

art/kingfish
06-08-2013, 09:59 AM
the smartest I've seen with my own two were art/kingfish dogs

evolutionkennels
06-08-2013, 10:38 AM
IMO the smartest dog I ever had that threw smart winning dogs is Aycarts Athena...triple dolly rom... with a1/4 eli..... ATHENA is an rom bitch thanks to the infamous JL. She was bred to the best he could find.

super smart... and at 14 a pleasure to have own into her old age....

how was she smart...?? her only fault I could say is she was and is slow..very slow.. But She had great timing, she was like the first jiujitsu masters in the ufc..very relaxed, calm she maintained good position, she also seemed to dish it out 10 to 1.. her offense had a defensive edge to it. Except..... when she got what she wanted.. shoulder,chest , stifle .. She got a mouthful all the way back to her molars and then she really turned it on..

She beat faster head dogs. she beat crazy mouth barnstormers(bobby hall dog) she beat ace azzend dogs. and made it look easy..
Her style was not what I think is the best style...HEAD,FACE defensive dogs. But she did what she did amazingly well against everything in front of her.
ar.
Kudos to JL of vabulldogs for the two breedings he did though imo he is a sob...She is an ROM bitch in just two breedings... I have a son who is the hardest biting dog I ever had by far.. He is not so smart and defensive... his style is BITE ME... no problem.. I AM GONNA BITE U AND BREAK U..

Most of her offspring including BUBBA JR 4XW won via smarts,gameness, and finish. Seems the Uno litter bit the hardest and the Switchblade litter won by smarts n gameness. Unfortunately I never got to see 16 of 18 of her offspring in her first two litters. so I am going by owners ,handlers and spectators heresay...

Peace all

and he has...
Pedigree please

bently
06-11-2013, 06:25 PM
my cousin owned this BULLDAWG http://www.thepitbullbible.com/forum/bulldog_profile.php?dog_id=21972 very intelligent, prey drive out of this world, game as they come!

Officially Retired
02-21-2014, 07:02 AM
my cousin owned this BULLDAWG http://www.thepitbullbible.com/forum/bulldog_profile.php?dog_id=21972 very intelligent, prey drive out of this world, game as they come!

Would be interested in seeing the top 1/4 of that pedigree completed ...

Eliman
02-22-2014, 04:56 PM
B.Sorrells dogs, Boyels (Dirty maria), Frisco/Lee ling.....hell i have seen Skull dogs that where smarter then the average bear Boo Boo "who bred them and why". Any line has the potential to produce inteligent dogs some more consistant yes but it can start with just one super smart dog that can pass that attribute. Along with some well thought out selective breeding followed by selective inbreeding on the desired trait trial and error. Man it sounds so easy :lol:

RoughNeck