PDA

View Full Version : WHY DID YOU GET INTO THESE DOGS?

HOMEWORK215
12-24-2011, 10:42 AM
for me there is no other animal pound for pound that has the drive and determination to please there master with a DO OR DIE I KNOW I CAN ATTITUDE

Officially Retired
12-24-2011, 10:50 AM
Agreed.

I used to box and would do my roadwork in the morning & I got a pit bull to run with me ... and when I read more about the breed I was hooked!

HOMEWORK215
12-24-2011, 11:01 AM
Agreed.

I used to box and would do my roadwork in the morning & I got a pit bull to run with me ... and when I read more about the breed I was hooked!MY first real dog was this red devil dog that use to go every where that i went b4 i mest my back up i used to run and that dog would just run and be happy just being around me dam i'm going down memory lane for real

YigYang
12-27-2011, 05:34 PM
At the age of about.... i would say 13 i had an uncle who had very well bred gamebred pets and he got he into them. I remeber one day i had read about some hollingworth dogs and i came to him and said "I want a hollingworth dog" he replied saying "ha mannn what you know about some hollingsworth dogs, you dont know nothing about those dogs, ama show you some real dog" and every since i have learned and gain most of my begginer knowledge from him. Still to this day he has been a big influece on me .
He started me off with a zukill bred pup at the age of around 16 and i loved that pup with my heart and bred him to an eli/redboy proven dog of an older friend connect of mine and have been in the game every since

Patch
12-30-2011, 08:57 PM
Gotta say it was because of my next door neighbor. Growing up, this very cut dog would come to fence whenever I was out playing. With the execption of the one female I have now, she was the most well behaved dog I ever met.

evolutionkennels
12-31-2011, 04:21 PM
My buddy Mikey brought me as a gift a pair of 3/4 pit and 1/4 Labrador little bulldogs. I was so impressed after two years that I went to look for the real deal. After years and years of disappointments with Eli dogs, Colby dogs, Stubbefield Buddy dogs, and Snooty dogs. I bought Macho from Victor of Southern Kennels. I never wanted anything different. That dog surpassed anything that I had had until that point by 1000%. He was out of a direct daughter of Buck bred to Mayday. He made ROM in just 4 breedings and had an impressive ADBA show win against a dog that had beat Havannah Chico and CML. I picked up his sister Macha (http://home.comcast.net/~evolutionknls/Macha.HTM) from the next breeding and bred her to 357 to get Machobuck (http://home.comcast.net/~evolutionknls/Machobuck.HTM). RIP Macho! I think of you all the time buddy. You set the standard for the many years of success that I've had.

http://home.comcast.net/~evolutionknls/Macho(Ronin).jpg (http://home.comcast.net/~evolutionknls/Macho.HTM)
Macho ROM (http://home.comcast.net/~evolutionknls/Macho.HTM)

QCKLime
12-31-2011, 05:02 PM
I've had dogs my whole life, mostly hound mixes, beagles and blueticks when I was a baby, I had a german shepherd once (hated him) and a few cattle dogs in middle school. I lost my last Blue Heeler when I was fourteen, and after a year or so, I started looking for another dog. I knew I didn't want another cattle dog, though I loved them dearly, they were simply too high strung and too much work. I had a couple of friends with pit bull mixes, and I was intrigued by the breed. I ended up looking at a few litters around the area, and eventually came across a litter of eleven, all of which were small, wormy brindle puppies, with the exception of one. The father was a nice looking animal, but the mother was one of the ugliest dogs I've ever seen, solid white with black ticking and rings around her eyes, in terrible form from raising too many puppies, too often, for too long. Honestly, I was not impressed. I was on my way to walking out, when a man showed up and announced to the breeder that he was prepared to buy all of his females off of him, that he was going to fight them, and then breed them. Wellllllllllll, my small sixteen year old self bristled up real nice upon hearing that, I snatched up the tiny yellow girl that I'd been looking at, paid my $225 and stormed off. She was five weeks old, full of worms and attitude, and the most precious thing I had ever set my eyes on. I was instantly head over heels for her, and still am, eight years later. Best animal I have EVER owned, or known, hands down. Out of my love for her was born an enduring fascination with the breed as a whole.

I began to do more and more research on the dogs in general, their history, bloodlines, etc. At one point, I had something give a red/rednose male to me, he was four months old, and would've grown to be one of those massive, hippo looking dogs. He's the only dog I've ever gotten that had their ADBA papers handed directly to me from the breeder. I kept him for about a month before giving him away. He was the dumbest, least athletic, most enfuriatingly annoying dog I've ever had the misfortune to be in close quarters with. I never looked at how he was bred, but I knew immediately he was NOTHING like my little yellow dog, and I wanted nothing to do with him or his kind. From there, I bought a 50% Sorrels bitch, she was GORGEOUS. A conformation MONSTER, but dumb as a doorknob, and had absolutely NO pluck whatsoever (I left her with my ex boyfriend, who showed similar attributes.) After her, I started looking more intently into bloodlines and traits that they allegedly carry. I winded up buying a 5 month old puppy from a coworker who bragged about how he had set down to dinner with Mr.Boyles on more than one occassion. She was my first gamebred dog, and I LOVED her. She turned out to be off of a VERY inbred Mayday male bred to a linebred CrackerJack bitch. If I knew half at 18 of what I know now, I'd have kept that bitch indefinitely, but she was more of a handful than I was prepared for, and I sold her back to her breeder.

Somewhere in the midst of my last two dogs, I found Evolution Kennels website online, and dropped them a line about getting a puppy off of their FANTASTIC looking Machobuck dog. We began exchanging emails, where I learned more about bloodlines and traits, breeding and kennel maintenance, than I had in almost twelve months of browing aimlessly online. With his guidance, I rethought my entire idea of the breed and my goals with them, recieved a couple of INCREDIBLY bred puppies, joined the old ROM board (another amazing learning resource) bought a double bred granddaughter of GRCH Richard, and my obsession quite literally took off.

The Original Three <3
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w114/cctraywick19/pool015edited.jpg

Da District
01-03-2012, 03:03 AM
I used to run (20+yrs ago) while training for B Ball and would get chased by various strays in the hood. Although they helped with the wind sprint portion of my training I had to do something about it! An Ol' head around my suggested I get a "Real" bulldog to tag along with me! Needless 2 say after afew encounters with 1 or 2 of those strays, I think the message got passed on and I neva had another problem with strays! A dog that could run for hours and still kick ass even when faced, more often than not, by larger foes..... Is there any question as to why I chose this breed? Not only was he KO'n adversaries left and right, but he leveled many a human heart with his cool calm nature around people of all ages with the exception of those with malice in them. Kilo was my first and I pray the day neva comes when I would have to name my last! YIS SB

Gamechanger
01-03-2012, 06:31 AM
I went to a show to do some aftercare and there is where I learned what gameness was and was hooked from there

Officially Retired
01-03-2012, 06:35 AM
I used to run (20+yrs ago) while training for B Ball and would get chased by various strays in the hood. Although they helped with the wind sprint portion of my training I had to do something about it! An Ol' head around my suggested I get a "Real" bulldog to tag along with me! Needless 2 say after afew encounters with 1 or 2 of those strays, I think the message got passed on and I neva had another problem with strays! A dog that could run for hours and still kick ass even when faced, more often than not, by larger foes..... Is there any question as to why I chose this breed? Not only was he KO'n adversaries left and right, but he leveled many a human heart with his cool calm nature around people of all ages with the exception of those with malice in them. Kilo was my first and I pray the day neva comes when I would have to name my last! YIS SB

LOL, that is exactly why I got my first pit bull, to run with me when I did my roadwork :D

H.B.K.
01-03-2012, 07:21 AM
I always loved dogs but not just bulldogs until one day a guy from my nieborhood who had bulldogs (later found out they where str8 carver bred dogs from the man himself. He had a rol in the back yard and i was watching from the yard next door and i was captivated through there deisre, gameness, and all around ability. It wasnt until a couple of yrs later that my mother allowed me to get a bulldog but i was hooked from that day. Once having dogs i found i loved everything about the process with the hounds including the dirty parts. lol Then i rolled my first hound and i was bitten and 14 yrs later the fire burns strong and will to the day i die!!! I sure love these hounds

Da District
01-03-2012, 12:46 PM
lol! It's been a blast every since Jack

Dre21
01-05-2012, 10:30 AM
I was introduced as a child, then reintroduced as an adult to our breed. I had a little female named "Nickey" that my pops got from our neighbor. This was about 30 years ago!! She was off the chain, but I loved that little dog!! My two older sisters were afraid of her (girls being girls) so as a result, my pops eventually GAVE her to some dude walking down the street as we were cutting the crass. I never knew what this breed was capable of as a child, I just knew that she was wild and survived being hit by a car!! That spoke volumes to me even at a young age.

Fast forward to Camp LeJuene, Jacksonville North Carolina in the mid 90's. This is were I cut my teeth on with these dogs for real. Everyone there had one, and they all got them (one way or another) from old man Ed Barrera R.I.P. Ed had a yard of RBJ dogs that he was feeding. He had about 30 in his backyard!! Everyday after work, I would leave the base and drive right over the bridge to his house and ask him all the dumb questions that I had in my head...and he answered them for me. I never got the chance to get anything off of him, but he taught me alot.

I saw my first dance when I met these two guys that had a few good one's (imo). There was one little white dog named Casper, and he was hell on 4 legs!!! I just could not understand how a dog soo small could be soo damn agressive and tenacious!!! It blew me away. Long story short, got out the U.S.M.C. and bout a grandson of W.S.K. Ch. Cowboy named Bolo from a local dogman. Twelve years later, here I am.

Luckystrike
01-05-2012, 11:00 AM
Been into the dogs since i was about 13 odds. My friends older brother had this lovely looking brindle bitch, who was around 30 lbs but a major handfull lol. I fell in love straight away after watching her sprinpole, and making all those funny noises pitbulls make when they see another dog lol. The rest is history. I dont think ill ever `get out` of dogs entirely since they have spanned a major proportion of my life, and go hand in hand with all the moemories i have of days gone by, events, people, dogs etc.

Il have a bulldog by my side till the day i die lol.

HOMEWORK215
01-06-2012, 05:03 PM
Been into the dogs since i was about 13 odds. My friends older brother had this lovely looking brindle bitch, who was around 30 lbs but a major handfull lol. I fell in love straight away after watching her sprinpole, and making all those funny noises pitbulls make when they see another dog lol. The rest is history. I dont think ill ever `get out` of dogs entirely since they have spanned a major proportion of my life, and go hand in hand with all the moemories i have of days gone by, events, people, dogs etc.

Il have a bulldog by my side till the day i die lol. YOU KNOW if i had of known that after all the years being around these hounds that i would be addicted to them like i'm i would have gotten into much earlier than i did.I know MY DOGS mean more to me than them just being animal's when you down they know and try and pick you you up. THEY MEAN THE WORLD TO ME .

trajan337
01-07-2012, 09:41 AM
For me it has always been about preserving and if possible improving the breed.

BOXBOY
01-08-2012, 05:34 AM
IT WAS AROUND 92...I HAD NO CLUE WHAT THIS BREED WAS ABOUT....TILL MY FRIENDS HAD AN ALL BLACK PIT BYE THW NAME OF "POLO"...I SAID LOOK AT THIS LIL MOFO...TILL HENRY SAY HEY WANNA SEE THE TRICKS THIS BOY DO....I SHRUUGED AND SAID HELL WHY NOT....AND AFTER SEEING HIM DO THE THINGS HE DO..POP BASKETBALLS,,,,CLIMB THE TREE CHASEING PEOPPLE /.. LOL WHICH BEING YOUNG I THOUGHT THIS WAS FUNNY,,//,,ONE DAY HENRY SAY IMA SHOW YOU SOMETHING,,,I SAID OK ..AND IT WAS A MINOR ROLL...I WAS HOOKED,,,BUT ME BEING YOUNG AND WILD,,I NEVER COULD HAVE A DOG OVER A YEAR OLD..NOW IN 2004 I GOT ONE AGAIN...AND ITS BEEN ON EVER SINCE THEN,,,SHADOW CAME PRE PROGAME :D HE IS THE MOST SMARTEST :D HOUND I HAVE SEEN...AND IS NOT AFAID A THING,,AND IS SOO GREAT WITH THE FAMILY,,,,THAT TO ME IS AN ALL ROUND BULL DOG.. LIKE""" TORNADO"""".BUT ANY HOW..Back the topic."POLO" was my first pit....well friends....today we talk about thAT mofo "polo" it turn out too be a ZEBO OFFSPRING,,,,AND I THINK WE ALL KNOW BACK IN 92 ...IT WAS A LOT PURO THEN TODAY,,,,EVEN THOUGH IT WAS A ZEBO GRAND SON THAT TURN ME ON,,,MY THING IS JEEP...NIGERINO.. JUST WANTED TO SHARE ....CHEVY....HOLLA :twisted: :twisted:

Gifted
01-22-2012, 12:51 PM
I never choose them, they choosed me

Abe
01-22-2012, 05:31 PM
I had just returned from 9 months in Bosnia and didn't feel like talking to or being around anyone and I found another solider selling a black mask blonde scatter breed pit! He was just what I needed a friend that understood my silence and the times I was drunk and out of control! He never wanted to be any where but with me ! He died a little over a year from kidney failure broke my heart but I look long and hard and found the best dog to ever walk this earth. I had him for 17 yrs and that dog never once left me hanging over walked away ! I lost him 2 months ago and looking at getting a boogieman breed pup , I've owned many in between but those two will forever have a spot in my bed !

PurePit19
01-22-2012, 06:38 PM
Never seen a animal as versatile as the APBT, in my opinion they are a far more superior breed than any dog I have seen. Once I bought my first one, there was no turning back, 15yrs running and I don't see myself cutting back on dogs no time soon.

lilpitgirl
01-22-2012, 10:01 PM
well let me start by saying please forgive my spelling
I was about 18 and leaving with my sister and her husband when my brother in law said he had a friend coming over.
I thought cool , well when I saw this guy riding up on his motorcycle with this little 30 pound ugly bat eared dog I was taken back
this little dog was so full of life and just amazingly smart she could climb trees ride motorcycles and countless other things yet there was something so different about her I was soon to learn a few yrs later what that difference was (the guy wasnt to bad himself )turns out I marry him about a yr later lol and the story continues to this day

taylormann
09-12-2015, 12:01 PM
guess i was born with these fine animals....i don't have a single memory in life where i didn't have bulldogs. as a young boy i took care of my dads dogs just to play with the pups...the only bad thing was every pup they seen me take interest in and want for myself they would take ...said i had an eye for dogs...i didn't understand what they meant by that till later on in life....... been raising the line i have now for the past 20 years and if i have it in me ill have them right beside me for 20 more.....

lansford101
09-12-2015, 01:17 PM
For give my spelling . I got into these dogs threw a buddy of mines that hunts hogs he bought a garner bred dog about 10 years ago as a pup. The dog grew and he began hunting him and one day it turns on and starts attacking his trackers. He decides he wants to kill the dog i said I'll take him an that was it i started learning (still am) about these hounds and meet up with an old time dog guy in Hawaii he gave me some jeep bred dogs that can actually hunt hogs really well and I've only had these dog ever since.

Thunder98
09-13-2015, 12:13 AM
My brother turn me on to these dogs. Him and his friends had them and were always around them. I really got hook when I bought my own in 98. Every since then I have been hooked. Jeep redboy rascal, I ended up buying 3 out of the litter 1 good , 1 was special, and 1 was ok. Next I purchased a jeep/colby dog helluva dog but did not like to work, from there a nigerino out law bitch, cold as ice...threw good damn dogs though. If I could turn back the hands of time I would start all over again with the same dogs. I really miss them. They taught me so much. In 05-06 I purchased a dog off Wildsides Vader... I'd take her again..28 lbs of fire.

As of now, I have a couple I'm hoping will bring me the same joy as some of the dogs mentioned though, so far I see shades of the past,but each is their own individual and will be given the proper time to mature...I don't think I can live without them....bored as hell without them lol.

Osagedogman2015
09-13-2015, 06:59 AM
As a kid growing up, I had always been around good working dogs. My Grandfather had working cattle dogs that were unbelievable and he also raised and hunted with a big family of Beagles. My Father also raised and hunted with these Beagles until I moved out and went on my own. Truth be known, it was me who raised and cared for all of them after my Grandfather died when I was eight years old. After I moved out when I was eighteen, they all disappeared. I always loved dogs. I would always look at the encyclopedia and study all of the different breeds over and over again. I would go to the library and read all I could find and just couldn't get enough.

We were always camping out at the lake and spending most of the summer fishing and skiing when I was growing up. One day, when I was thirteen or fourteen, a truck pulls into the campground with a little 30 pound brindle male dog. He was absolutely stunning. I had never seen anything like him. He was the greatest, most beautiful dog I had ever seen. I ran up to his truck and asked the man who owned him what kind of dog it was. He told me that he was a registered American Staffordshire Terrier, but everyone just called him a Pitbull.

He ended up camping next to us for a couple of days and he was a really great guy. He could tell how much I liked the dog and let me walk him around the campsite and play with him that whole weekend. I fell in love with the breed immediately. My father wouldn't allow me to have one no matter how hard I tried to convince him. I thought he was just being mean but I understand why now. We lived in the middle of town and he just didn't want to risk something happening. The day after I moved out of my parents house, I bought my first bulldog. I still have dogs that carry her blood to this very day. The dog in my avatar is her grandson.

EWO
09-13-2015, 04:47 PM
Best friend's Dad had dogs. My first job was walking his dogs at 10-11-12 years old. He would run one on a mill and my buddy and I would walk one around the back fields. Swap them out and do the same again. He would give us three or four or five dollars for a session. At 10-12 in rural North Carolina five dollars per job was damn near like a Rockefeller.

The as I figured some things out I was hooked. The power, the conditioning, the muscles that were hard as 'pig iron'. Just captivated. He gave me a puppy once and if he ran his dog on the mill for thirty minutes when he wasn't looking I would run mine for 40. If he pulled 10 pounds I would pull 20. I tied him to the handle bars of my bike for miles upon miles. At around 2 he was a beast of an athlete.

Hooked at a young age. S

gigam
09-28-2015, 04:37 PM
I grew up with dogs, my mother loved German Shepherds.. Although they can be great dogs and are very smart they were never appealing to me, I never cared for long hair dogs.. From the first moment I seen this beautiful breed I was hooked!.. I've was always into sports and carried myself as an athlete and to me they are the greatest athletic breed!.. Their bodies are so strong and muscular with the great natural wind and an unmatched Drive!!.. The fact that they live to Love and Please their onwers and family was just a bonus...
Around 92 when I was about 18 a freind of mine had a unregistered female with a litter and only the runt female was left so I took her.. With in a year I gotten my first pure breed (Alligator, Snooty, Going Light) female!.. With in another year 2 more, but shortly after that my first child was born than I got married.. So I had to give up my dream/dogs and dedicate my life and time to my family... Now it's finally my time to begin my Dog Family again!!...

Nut
09-28-2015, 04:44 PM
Not entirely on topic but that's what I ask myself almost daily. Why the fuck did you get in these dogs.

No Quarter Kennel
09-29-2015, 07:14 AM
I can't sing or dance......Ah.....OH!