PDA

View Full Version : HAIR GROWTH

THE FIRM
05-06-2012, 04:22 AM
HELLO JACK MY NAME IS QUIN IM FROM PA IN YOUR OPINION HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE FOR THE HAIR ON THE TOP OF THE HEAD TO GROW BACK IS THERE ANYTHING GOOD I COULD USE TO HELP WITH THIS PROCESS THANKS ALOT FOR ANY HELP

Officially Retired
05-06-2012, 05:11 AM
HELLO JACK MY NAME IS QUIN IM FROM PA IN YOUR OPINION HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE FOR THE HAIR ON THE TOP OF THE HEAD TO GROW BACK IS THERE ANYTHING GOOD I COULD USE TO HELP WITH THIS PROCESS THANKS ALOT FOR ANY HELP

Hi Quin;

I can't really answer that until you tell me why the hair came out in the first place?

In other words, was this caused by a wound? Did he scrape the top of his head on his dog house? Was the problem caused by a fungus/mange, what?

If you let me know the actual cause of the problem, I can provide a more meaningful response.

Jack

THE FIRM
05-06-2012, 05:26 AM
HELLO JACK THE HAIR CAME OUT DUE TO A WOUND THEN IT HEALED HES HEALTHY AS CAN BE SO NO FUNGUS OR MANGE IM JUST CURIOUS AS TO THE HAIR THANKS

Officially Retired
05-06-2012, 05:40 AM
Honestly, it may never come back.

The entire key to hair re-growth in wounds lies with proper wound management immediately after the fact:

1) Of properly cleaning/dressing the wound immediately, so no tissue dies;
2) Of properly aligning the skin when stapling/stitching;
3) Of using a proper healing remedy, such as Essential Wound Care (http://www.thepitbullbible.com/NaturesMagic/wound.html), which keeps the tissue moist and promotes healing (esp. w/ Vitamin E).

If you did all of these things, then the chances for minimal scarring and hair re-growth are excellent. However, if you let the wound get infected, and/or did not close the wound properly to achieve good tissue alignment, and/or if you let the wound get dry and flaky, so a big dry scab forms (and then falls off prematurely), you are simply going to have a permanent mark there.

In other words, there is nothing you can really do "afterward" to heal a nasty scar; the key to minimizing scars lies in preventative measures.

Hope this helps,

Jack

THE FIRM
05-06-2012, 06:39 AM
THANKS JACK