PDA

View Full Version : water bowl

FACE203
12-24-2011, 02:56 PM
Which type is best? Concrete, plastic, metal... Using city water

scary
12-24-2011, 03:39 PM

I don't know what jack likes but i love stainles steel easy to clean. But as we all know city water is horrible but i watched one of jacks videos and he had alge i think is how you spell it lol but it acts as a natural filter i think jack was useing plastic.

Icedogger
12-24-2011, 05:23 PM
I use concrete with stainless steel liner in winter I use both stainless and plastic heated water dishes

FACE203
12-25-2011, 01:32 PM

I don't know what jack likes but i love stainles steel easy to clean. But as we all know city water is horrible but i watched one of jacks videos and he had alge i think is how you spell it lol but it acts as a natural filter i think jack was useing plastic.

I saw that also lol guess I will be switching, pretty quick :)
BTW, Jack uses stainless steel, it appeared

Officially Retired
12-26-2011, 04:59 AM
I use stainless steel (or galvanized steel) bowls.

The only time I use concrete bowls is with problem dogs.

Do not let the water get full of algae as this generally means there are cultures of organisms growing in the water also. Regular changing of the water is essential. However, the algae that grows on the side of steel bowls can be left there, as everytime you re-fill your water tubs with that city water, the algae will act as a filtration system to get all of the chemical impurities out of there.

Jack