PDA

View Full Version : Got a little situation.

Milky
05-24-2012, 11:28 PM
Just out of the blue, my bitch got these "lumps" on here body.
She have been eating amoxicillin, and would have been doing that until 27nde but I stoped it when I noticed this things starting to pop up on her.

Could it just be a simpel nettle rash(dont sure if its the right word) or is something more serius like some type of allergi of some kind ?

If any one got any info at all please feel free to share.

http://i1006.photobucket.com/albums/af183/Daim_daim/IMAG0238.jpg

Nash
05-25-2012, 12:15 AM
Looks like an alergic reaction. It will go away in a few days, and that's the crazy thing about it. I had a friend who's bitch had the exact same thing all over her body. Has she been bred to, or maybe just came out of heat ? I will ask for you.

Milky
05-25-2012, 12:21 AM
She ended her heat about 2-2,5weeks ago.

The weird part is that the lumps goes down while we are inside, but as soon we have been on a walk, she lumps pop back up again. I thought it might be a alergic reaction to grass maybe ?

Nash
05-25-2012, 01:16 AM
Yes could very well be hey fever i read just now somewhere. You have pm.

Officially Retired
05-25-2012, 05:17 AM
I would definitely not give her any penicillin-based antibiotics anymore, that's for sure.

Nash
05-25-2012, 05:32 AM
Urticaria i believe is the term for this condition. Friend says it causes no harm unless it also hit the mucous membranes. So watch if the dog is short winded.

The Merck book article :

http://www.merckvetmanual.com/mvm/index.jsp?cfile=htm/bc/70500.htm

Officially Retired
05-25-2012, 05:45 AM
It may cause no harm if the cause is something other than penicillin, but it is my understanding that with ANY type of penicillin-based reaction like that, it is recommended to discontinue therapy immediately, due to possible total anaphylaxis with penicillin-based drugs.

Jack

Milky
05-25-2012, 06:48 AM
It may cause no harm if the cause is something other than penicillin, but it is my understanding that with ANY type of penicillin-based reaction like that, it is recommended to discontinue therapy immediately, due to possible total anaphylaxis with penicillin-based drugs.

Jack
My thoughts and actions aswell, until I know what's the cause she wont be getting any more anti-b.

Officially Retired
05-25-2012, 07:08 AM
You can use antibiotics; just not penicillin-derived antibiotics.

What were you using them for?

Jack

FrostyPaws
05-25-2012, 10:54 AM
You should also be careful in regards to using cephalexin type products. Something I've learned over my time in school is that if a person is allergic to penicillin based Abx, sometimes there is an allergic reaction to cephalosporins.

Officially Retired
05-25-2012, 11:26 AM
TMZ might be better then, eh?

FrostyPaws
05-25-2012, 01:21 PM
Yeah, I would seriously consider that if it was discovered that the reaction is to the -cillin type Abx.

Milky
05-25-2012, 03:40 PM
Bitch have been of amoxicillin now for about 48hours, no lumps and don't seems to get them after we have been outside either.

Will see in the morning if it's all good.

Thanks for all the replys !