PDA

View Full Version : Online Peds still down???

ScratchAndGO
06-07-2012, 05:38 AM
Does anyone know what the scoop is?? I have started hearing rumors that are absurd. Any info would be cool.

Bullfrog
06-07-2012, 07:14 AM
Does anyone know what the scoop is?? I have started hearing rumors that are absurd. Any info would be cool.

The internet finally kicked it off because it couldnt take the stupidity anymore. True story.

ponchday
06-07-2012, 07:20 AM
Hopefully it is down for good

R2L
06-07-2012, 07:22 AM
They r preventing us from copying peds to this database

Milky
06-07-2012, 07:39 AM
online ped has had court battles for years as alot of dogmen use for there dogs and they see the 1xw and 1xl blah blah in recent peds and know what it means so want it shut down as they say it promotes dogfighting and fighters. not sure if itl stay down but its what he reckons

This is what I've been told, neiter I or the person who told me knows if it's so for sure, but it wouldnt suprise me that much..

ScratchAndGO
06-07-2012, 07:42 AM
The internet finally kicked it off because it couldnt take the stupidity anymore. True story.

That is EXACTLY what I was thinking!! LmAo

Bullfrog
06-07-2012, 08:00 AM
This is what I've been told, neiter I or the person who told me knows if it's so for sure, but it wouldnt suprise me that much..

Considering this would open the flood gates for all sorts future rulings, im gonna go ahead and guess there is no way in hell that happened.

Hurstmob
06-07-2012, 12:10 PM

So should those things(1XW etc.) be left off of the peds we post on here?

Officially Retired
06-07-2012, 12:47 PM
I don't think that is what happened, as it is legal to post dogfights, so why in the world would it be illegal to post "1xW" ? Makes no sense at all.

It is preposterous to believe that posting "1xW" is illegal. Simply ridiculous.

The error message clearly says the problem is with the MySQL server, so if the site were closed there would not be that message, but a different one. The most intelligent thing to believe, therefore, is that there is a problem with the MySQL server :lol:

The fact is, Databases sometimes crash, and I am sure their database merely crashed ... and that all of these "rumors" are nothing but the often-repeated parroting of one person to another, none of whom has any idea what they're talking about.

I am sure it will be up again after awhile.

Jack

wrknapbt
06-08-2012, 04:31 AM
I don't think that is what happened, as it is legal to post dogfights, so why in the world would it be illegal to post "1xW" ? Makes no sense at all.

It is preposterous to believe that posting "1xW" is illegal. Simply ridiculous.

The error message clearly says the problem is with the MySQL server, so if the site were closed there would not be that message, but a different one. The most intelligent thing to believe, therefore, is that there is a problem with the MySQL server :lol:

The fact is, Databases sometimes crash, and I am sure their database merely crashed ... and that all of these "rumors" are nothing but the often-repeated parroting of one person to another, none of whom has any idea what they're talking about.

I am sure it will be up again after awhile.

Jack

I just don't understand why they do not move that server over to a real Oracale database where it can be put back online in a matter of minutes. They make too much money off of it not to do so.

Officially Retired
06-08-2012, 04:39 AM
I honestly don't think the guy pays much attention to it at all.

It is not like he's actively participating in his own board/database ... hell, he might not even know there's something wrong yet :lol:

Officially Retired
06-08-2012, 10:16 AM
Like I said to the rumor-spreaders ... it will be up soon :lol:

Milky
06-10-2012, 01:35 PM
Down again ?

Milky
06-10-2012, 01:39 PM
Never mind, it works now lol

OUTYONDER
07-23-2012, 08:38 PM
I honestly don't think the guy pays much attention to it at all.

It is not like he's actively participating in his own board/database ... hell, he might not even know there's something wrong yet :lol:
Yea. it's true he don't check his site or e-mail. I can't log on and been e-mailing them with no response.. Had a power surge failer and couldn't log in again, been about two weeks now. I gave up. Never had a problem with this site. The surge hit, came back on and log right in on this site, GOOD JOB JACK.. REAL NICE things are being done by you AND for the dog sake, GOOD JOB..

Officially Retired
07-24-2012, 05:24 AM
Thank you very much.

To be honest, since Friday I have been pretty busy myself ... as I have a new girlfriend that's staying the weekend+ and is keeping me pretty busy ... but she goes back to Miami tomorrow and so more good stuff will be posted very soon.

Cheers,

Jack

skipper
07-24-2012, 06:55 AM
Way to go Jack :)

Officially Retired
07-24-2012, 01:01 PM
LOL, thanks :)

We truly did have some serious fun ... went to a great place called Fairchild Tropical Gardens (http://www.fairchildgarden.org) in Miami, that was simply fantastic, with a lot of history in back of its beauty ... and visited some other cool beach spots as well.

I split on Sunday morning to drive back home ... and within 4 hours she decided "a weekend" wasn't enough, so she drove up from Miami to spend the rest of the week here ... so I haven't had a lot of time to think about dogs lately, if you know what I mean :mrgreen:

Jack

skipper
07-24-2012, 10:09 PM
Nice. How important is that to once in a while focus on something different than the dogs. I'm soon of to a mini vacation myself. Haven't been away with anything not dog related in years. 3-4 days of fly fishing will do good for my soul.

Officially Retired
07-25-2012, 11:09 AM
Nice. How important is that to once in a while focus on something different than the dogs. I'm soon of to a mini vacation myself. Haven't been away with anything not dog related in years. 3-4 days of fly fishing will do good for my soul.

So true!

For many, many years I did NOTHING but something dog-related. I mean, day and night, for over 10 years my life was literally all about these dogs.

It is much nicer to have some balance, and the ability to take a nice break with someone special.

Hope you have fun fishing :)

Jack