PDA

View Full Version : POSTING DOG FIGHT VIDEOS

Officially Retired
06-12-2012, 06:09 AM
Should this forum allow members to post their dog matches on here?

On the one hand, it is part of our history, it is not illegal, and we should have the right to express our views.

On the other hand, some viewers may find the material offensive, and posting things like this might cause unwanted attention.

CAST YOUR VOTE ON THIS SUBJECT AND BE HEARD!

Jack

R2L
06-12-2012, 06:31 AM
posting things like this will cause unwanted attention
its not like i care because its not my country but it will.
in europe these video's are posted and hosted on ukraine/russian boards where dogfighting is "legal", but for the western part no one does. they dont even post video's on these russian boards.

gabbagabbahey
06-12-2012, 06:47 AM
First & foremost must be the safety of yourself & the site,from any possible prosecutions or unwanted publicity. I know only too well that even the wrong publicity,can bring knocks at the door when you least expect it. I don't know the laws of the USA but i am sure you will have covered all,before asking members for opinions.
I don't have a problem either way,as long as all is well for the long term prospects of the site.

Officially Retired
06-12-2012, 06:55 AM
Well, Bob Stevens went to Federal Prison for disseminating dog fight videos ... and he fought it all the way to The Supreme Court ... and he won!

The Supreme Court ruled that it was NOT illegal to disseminate dog fight videos, and so no law will be broken (to the best of my knowledge) by doing so.

However, if this is overdone, it still might cause unwarranted scrutiny, which is why I am putting this matter to a vote.

Do we keep this forum "Discussion Only," without getting too graphic, or do we let it all hang out?

Jack

No Quarter Kennel
06-12-2012, 07:03 AM
Prior to '76, dogfighting was legal. Ask yourself, why is it ILLEGAL now?

You guys in Europe continue "putting it out there" as you are now, and it will one day be ILLEGAL there as well.

Now that it is ILLEGAL, I say no way in hell do we post videos. It will only bring unwanted attention that will take something good like this away. You can take it to the supreme court, win and all that good stuff, but the distraction, cost and casualties that come with that win are extreme. People will vanish from this board b/c of the "heat". You yourself Jack, will be so tied down to winning that this site and everything else in your life will suffer.

Quite simply put, it is not worth it. Let's not look at what it could cost, but rather, what in the hell do we have to gain by posting these videos?

Officially Retired
06-12-2012, 07:10 AM
That is a very good post NQK.

I don't think anyone here could get taken to court, now that there is a Supreme Court Ruling that it's okay (before, a law was passed that Stevens violated, but he got that law overturned as UnConstitutional). So I really don't think there's that kind of risk.

Still, I do think it is a little too far to post dog matches here for display, and so far I have not allowed people to post them here (although I do allow for people to place advertisements in the classifieds).

I just wanted to hear the opinion of the members ... because I think it is a touchy subject ... so cast your votes!

Jack

R2L
06-12-2012, 07:43 AM
well put no quarter

and lets not forget about the image of the entire breed

FrostyPaws
06-12-2012, 07:47 AM
It is not illegal for someone to post a video of dogs fighting from another country. There's nothing illegal about posting old matches from years ago either. Dog fighting is illegal in most of Europe. Just to be on the safe said, I would just keep it as you have it. Advertisements in the classifieds, and let the members make their own choices from there.

The image of the entire breed is what it is unfortunately. What separates this breed from any other is it's gameness first and then fighting prowess. So, the image will always be of a canine combatant if the breed is to remain in it's true form. I don't want to jump on a dead horse and start beating it with a boat paddle, so I'll stop there. :)

SGC
06-12-2012, 07:51 AM
Prior to '76, dogfighting was legal. Ask yourself, why is it ILLEGAL now?

You guys in Europe continue "putting it out there" as you are now, and it will one day be ILLEGAL there as well.

Now that it is ILLEGAL, I say no way in hell do we post videos. It will only bring unwanted attention that will take something good like this away. You can take it to the supreme court, win and all that good stuff, but the distraction, cost and casualties that come with that win are extreme. People will vanish from this board b/c of the "heat". You yourself Jack, will be so tied down to winning that this site and everything else in your life will suffer.

Quite simply put, it is not worth it. Let's not look at what it could cost, but rather, what in the hell do we have to gain by posting these videos?

Excellent post!

Much as I am for free speech, I would have to agree and vote No because of where it could lead.

Yes, Bob Stevens won his case but how many years and how much did it cost him?

The ones that hate this breed of dog have deep pockets and it is hard to fight them. And there are many who hate the pit bull breed.

The HSUS is number one but has anyone looked at some of the other sites? Such as Craven Desires, Dogs Bite, Truth about Pit Bulls, Americas Dog, and many more. I rarely look at such negative sites but one should know one's enemy.

No, better to fly under the radar and keep such things off a forum. Maybe some sort of private section for certain members with a password that changes every month but even that is really not worth the risk.

So sadly, I would have to vote against the videos, even thought they are not illegal as such, they can lead to larger problems.

Nash
06-12-2012, 11:10 AM
What this forum needs is a PBB Fun Dog section for funny or remarkable dog clips, pictures, stories, etc. :D

Vote no.

Officially Retired
06-12-2012, 01:45 PM
You can post those right here, Nash ... a'la Poopy Pics, etc. :D

Nash
06-12-2012, 01:54 PM
Alright than Jack :D

Abe
06-12-2012, 04:24 PM
+1

Excellent post!

Much as I am for free speech, I would have to agree and vote No because of where it could lead.

Yes, Bob Stevens won his case but how many years and how much did it cost him?

The ones that hate this breed of dog have deep pockets and it is hard to fight them. And there are many who hate the pit bull breed.

The HSUS is number one but has anyone looked at some of the other sites? Such as Craven Desires, Dogs Bite, Truth about Pit Bulls, Americas Dog, and many more. I rarely look at such negative sites but one should know one's enemy.

No, better to fly under the radar and keep such things off a forum. Maybe some sort of private section for certain members with a password that changes every month but even that is really not worth the risk.

So sadly, I would have to vote against the videos, even thought they are not illegal as such, they can lead to larger problems.

evolutionkennels
06-13-2012, 08:53 AM
Having been on the indictment end of the deal. Simple answer.. No

Officially Retired
06-13-2012, 07:17 PM
The race is getting closer ...

Nash
06-13-2012, 09:40 PM
Anonymous polls.

Officially Retired
06-13-2012, 10:39 PM
Not anonymous. All Subscribed Members ... and people can only vote once.

skipper
06-14-2012, 04:45 AM
I might be boring, but I voted no. I like this board, it's a nice place to talk dogs in a friendly matter. If you want to see dogs fight there are plenty of places on the net for that. Let's keep this site nice and clean, so we can enjoy it for a long time....

R2L
06-14-2012, 05:07 AM
i think what nash means is, people vote, but no one who votes for yes post their reasons why here.

widerange
06-14-2012, 05:37 AM
current video from members maybe too much but what about historical images or reports that members may have? pre 76 images, etc.... could be a good thing for members and since dog fights are a part of the history why not allow those types of images?

Officially Retired
06-14-2012, 05:44 AM
I actually think old images would be great, particularly in the Pedigree Database itself, under the dog(s) involved.

inkdogg
06-15-2012, 03:43 AM
I actually think old images would be great, particularly in the Pedigree Database itself, under the dog(s) involved.
Ya dat would be nice....

turkd3000
06-15-2012, 08:45 AM
i agree that would be nice

ScratchAndGO
06-17-2012, 07:36 AM
Chose no reluctantly. I guess it just is what it is. We as a whole draw enough attention to ourselves without intentionally bringing heat to OURselves on purpose.

thefoodchain
07-19-2012, 03:53 PM
If only we could view, upload and be adult about it. We sadly live in a "GOTCHA" society. I would enjoy viewing some of our talent from this side of the pond. I wonder if there was a disclaimer that can suffice to keep big brother out of it. That is the million dollar question. But if it could be done it would be a huge advantage for the board over the others.

Officially Retired
07-19-2012, 04:44 PM
The gap is closing now ...

inkdogg
07-20-2012, 09:20 PM
As long as it doesnt bring trouble to the board ..

lbd
07-21-2012, 07:23 AM
Agreed...

skootermc
07-25-2012, 01:48 PM
YES IS MY VOTE, ALLOW IT !!!!

Officially Retired
07-25-2012, 02:18 PM
Closer still ...

unknow kennel
07-25-2012, 02:23 PM
i said yes it will delete a lot of these fake ch on paper

MISTER
07-26-2012, 12:53 PM
This is crazy. I know if anyone breaks out a video camera at a show, I'm out of there and so is the camera.

unknow kennel
07-27-2012, 07:11 AM
I said no to the camer bet yes to post who u beat in when u beat them

widerange
07-27-2012, 07:13 AM
Let's remember if this does pass it doesn't mean you have to post videos it only means that those of us that would like to post the videos can. And if it's a matter of you not wanting to watch it then you don't have to even open the post

bulldogsrus
07-29-2012, 03:15 AM
Last time I looked dog fighting was illegal in most places so why would you want to film an illegal act THEN put it on the internet, potentially endangering the parties involved and spectators?

I just don’t get how dogmen can be so stupid. How many other groups of people that break the law do you see going around posting and bragging on the internet about what they have done?

If you want to be famous, forget the dogs and take up something legal like football or baseball ;-)

Officially Retired
07-29-2012, 03:34 AM
Bulldogsrus, I agree that is anyone posted a recent dogfight, that this would not only be stupid, but would also compromise the parties involved.

Therefore, there would have to be a provisio where any posted fight would have to have been taken 10+ years ago.

Jack

Strip
07-29-2012, 11:35 AM
Even though it would be pretty cool, it would probably bring unwanted attention. My vote is no

Apache
07-29-2012, 10:08 PM
that craven woman and her multiple personalities used to send me fake friend requests on facebook.
i voted yes for selfish reasons but don't do it, jack. it is an invitation to hell.

NightBreed
08-02-2012, 06:28 PM
It would be nice to see some of these so called bad ass killers go, but it would bring a whole lot of heat, I have some shows i was at overseas ( where its legal) i would like to post but this is a mainly american site and its not good for the breed or the dogmen.. Most of the famous shows from 10 plus yrs back or so are on tape ex gr ch banjo, tornado, lukane etc..