Thread: Teal's Tramp

Teal's Tramp

Had an interesting question pop up on instagram. But who was Teal's Tramp, The dog that took Boomerang to :55? I cannot find a pedigree online at all. Any old timers to chime in would be appreciated.

Teal's Tramp was the dog that was found roaming the streets close to Mr. Teal's Restaurant area. I believe was a brindle dog with no known pedigree. This is also from some of the rumors that this dog was the sire of Bass' Red Boy. I believe I have covered all the various opinions that different dogmen and groups think who Bass' Red Boy's sire was. This was the first dog that lost to Mr. B. Davis Boomerang.

later on, Mr. Teal matched another brindle dog off Teal's Mike (Big Mack) one of Bass's Red Boy's sibling brothers and Mr. Medlin's Rose bitch into Mr. Davis Boomerang dog. I was there at that show. Mr. Davis had taken Boomerang out of retirement. The Boomerang dog was getting close to eight years old.

This show was a lot harder for the Boomerang dog due to its age. The Teal's dog was a little over two years old. Finally, the hard mouth of the Boomerang dog won the day. The Boomerang dog had to stop several times to catch air. I remember Mr. Davis saying to his dog that getting old was hell. Cheers CYJ