Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need solu delta cortef in Europe

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    R2L

Need solu delta cortef in Europe

It seems like all sources that i know can't deliver solu delta cortef any more. Is there anyone who can?

R2L
    i probably can buy solu medrol but i wonder if it works just as good.

Quote Originally Posted by R2L View Post
    i probably can buy solu medrol but i wonder if it works just as good.
    From what I understand, dex is better with anti-inflammation (30x better than hydrocortisone); solu-delta is better for straight shock.

Solu medrol is good at both ...

I think most of it works, as good, but you simply have to use a lot more when it comes to other products.

Civilised world here, take a look at this catalogue
    http://www.galinos.gr/web/drugs/main/drugs/solu-cortef
    First price is for hospitals, second for mass orders and obviously your price is the third, higher one. Maybe they changed meanwhile.

R2L
    Im not sure if its the same since you say first price is for hospitals, could it be for vets because Solu delta cortef is only for animals.

So it's 4 ml vials for 8 euro, and you can just order them online??? That would be a very good price, 10 ml vials go for 100 euro here

You never save what's left in the vial, so 4 ml vials would be much better.

what matters is the active ingredient which you can see at the first table, I guess that since this web page is a guide for profesionals it has the human versions. i can check with my vet although. But in every greek site here about first aid in working dogs etc they mention this product and call it hydrocortisone.
    Just called him, he says it is the same and that hydrocortisone is a fast release product. Lets also wait for the forum's great brains and then we see.

There is also this product with much lower price but i dio not know how it measures up against solu cortef. http://www.galinos.gr/web/drugs/main.../rolak#content generic stuff.

R2L
    The main active ingredient in solu delta cortef for animals is prednisolone.

http://www.drugs.com/vet/solu-delta-cortef.html

Metabolic and Hormonal Effects. Prednisolone, a derivative of hydrocortisone, has greater glucocorticoid activity, greater anti-inflammatory activity, less sodium-retaining effect, and less potassium-losing effect than the parent compound.

The glucocorticoid activity of prednisolone is approximately 4 times that of hydrocortisone and 5 times that of cortisone as measured in experimental animals in terms of liver glycogen deposition, eosinopenic response, and thymic involution.

The anti-inflammatory activity of prednisolone is at least 4 times that of hydrocortisone. SOLU-DELTA-CORTEF exerts an inhibitory influence on the cellular, fibrous, and amorphous components of connective tissue and thereby suppresses the basic processes of inflammation. Vascular permeability is decreased, exudation diminished, and the migration of inflammatory cells markedly impaired.

Prednisone makes you feel Damn good too. I've taken it myself when I had a bout with a bad virus