Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Over the counter antibiotics may be a thing of the past.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Over the counter antibiotics may be a thing of the past.

Read this article on new legislation on antibiotics and see how it may effect our ability to get over the counter antibiotics. I know the article is geared toward the cattle industry but it ultimately effects everyone. I'm curious if ordering fish antibiotics without RX is gonna be effected?

http://www.thefencepost.com/news/203...stock-industry

A few years back there was a bill in the NC house that was pretty much wanting the same thing with wormers. It basically read if your dog has worms and you treat him it is in so many words ' performing veterinarian medicine' without being a liscenced veterinarian. The key wording would be in treatment of a known issue vs. preventative.

It never made it anywhere. It was one of those things that I wonder 'there has to be something more important than this'.

Stock up I guess.

EWO

This is fkn ridiculous!

I didn't read the whole article and maybe I should before commenting BUT the part I did read made me believe that it was for animals that are for human consumption only. Maybe it later clarifies that and I didn't read that part.

If that is how it is worded throughout then that would not affect the fish antibiotics because fish are also pets.

When I have more time later I'll read it and maybe I just posted this for nothing lol.

I think one can lead to the other.

The first step will be "it is for human consumption" so most anything will pass. The next step would be for non-food grade animals.

I am not sure how much traction it would gain when voting. Those cheesy bills usually make it or not make it when they are attached to a bigger bill in compromise. Hopefully not.

EWO

Thats horrible. Not only are famers affected but pet owners as well. I guess if they wanted to crack down on anything you would target famers first then sit back and watch the ripple effect. Too many tree hugging liberals who think their way applies to everyone.

It is not like I am all into politics. I was having my truck inspected and while waiting I read the article in a farm magazine. This particular bill was aimed at 'performing veterinarian care'. Wormers, antibiotics, topicals all were on the list. Anything where you were caring for a known ailment.

There were some quotes in so many words, "if I don't know my dog has worms, I can just worm him to prevent worms. But if I know or at least think he may have worms, I can't purchase worm medicine because I would be practicing veterinarian medicine".

It was also tied to a bill connected to the former Senator Edwards from NC to make dog hunting illegal in NC. No fox hounds, deer hounds, etc. etc.

When we start tree-huggin' in the south, the rest of the world will really suck.

EWO

I was born and raised in Texas, it was a common thing when you hired a Ferrier to shoe your horses he would also float your horses teeth if needed. I have a brother Inlaw that shoes horses on the side on his off days as a fireman. A couple years ago, I went home for thanksgiving, we were talking and he informed me that he was no longer allowed to offer teeth floating as a service even though he's already shoing your horse. He said the laws have changed and requires a veterinarian to come out and do it. Lol times are changing and our government sure is doing its best to keep picking at our pockets every chance they get.

These AR nuts are busting our balls on ALL fronts. What the fuck do you do? I mean god damn there are so many pussies in this world...

S_B

Quote Originally Posted by S_B View Post
    These AR nuts are busting our balls on ALL fronts. What the fuck do you do? I mean god damn there are so many pussies in this world...

S_B
    X2 on that, SB. If it isn't what type of housing is "appropriate" to whether we can tether or not and now this. I sure hope this isn't true and/or going to get passed. It would affect a whole bunch of people. How many hunters of any sort go to the vet for any antibiotics? I'd be surprised to find a single one.