Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: ((( ALL DATABASE UPDATES / QUESTIONS / SUGGESTIONS GO HERE )))

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thumbs Up ((( ALL DATABASE UPDATES / QUESTIONS / SUGGESTIONS GO HERE )))

Somehow, I tried to delete a response I gave to a question here, to re-do it, and wound up deleting the entire thread topic itself, which is a damned shame

But what the hell can a guy do but start over?

So ... ALL DATABASE QUESTIONS GO HERE

Jack

Pics

I cant upload pics straight from my device, only from an Url, is their a way that this can be done?

Quote Originally Posted by Jon P. Lebron View Post
    I cant upload pics straight from my device, only from an Url, is their a way that this can be done?
    You can store your photos right here on this Database using the Albums feature:

Click the bottom-right corner of the video to enlarge so you can see the detail.

Hope this helps,

Jack

i CAN'T MAKE UP A PEDIGREE ALSO WHEN I CLICK ON "MY PEDIGREES" ALL YOUR SUBCRITIONS COME UP, SO I CAN'T GET TO ALL MY ALREADY MADE UP BREEDINGS.

Quote Originally Posted by BROWNING View Post
    i CAN'T MAKE UP A PEDIGREE ALSO WHEN I CLICK ON "MY PEDIGREES" ALL YOUR SUBCRITIONS COME UP, SO I CAN'T GET TO ALL MY ALREADY MADE UP BREEDINGS.
    Hi.

Unfortunately, that is because you've had your privileges revoked. If you look below your name, you will see a Subscribed Member (B) status. That means you still have access to the forum and articles, but you can no longer add pedigrees.

The reason why you can no longer enter in pedigrees is because you're doing a horrible job of entering in your dogs.
    Yesterday, it was brought to my attention that you entered in the same dog FIVE TIMES

I simply can't have this kind of sloppiness here.
    I can't have people adding the same dog, again and again, spelled all kinds of different ways.

You need to PAY ATTENTION.
    You need to WATCH THE VIDEO on how to enter in dogs correctly.
    There is no excuse for not watching this video. None. Zero.

You should be aware of what you've already entered, and you should become familiar with how to SEARCH FOR A DOG BY NAME ONLY *FIRST*.

I am happy to restore your privileges, once you have (1) given me your word you've watched all the videos, and (2) if you agree never to just "keep adding the same dog" again.

I am not trying to be mean, rude, or disrespectful.

I simply canNOT keep letting you just "wing it" and totally botch your data entry.

You need to TAKE CARE, spell correctly, use proper punctuation, and search for a dog FIRST before just entering MULTIPLE poorly-spelled duplicates.

If I don't do this, all of the features we offer here are worthless, if there are 5-10 duplicates of each dog, all poorly-spelled, all with duplicate offspring, etc.

It's your choice: you can either take care or take a hike.

I cannot, and will not, allow anyone to keep doing what you're doing. Everybody likes to think they can just "start entering dogs," and MOST blow it when they do this. You cannot keep entering the same dogs, over and over again, changing their spelling each time, without a clue what you're doing, and destroying the data here.

So please take the time to actually watch the videos so you understand how things work here.

I have an automatic email to everyone, that sends the moment they join, politely asking them to PLEASE WATCH THE VIDEOS, and about 90% don't do what they're politely asked to do ... and that is watch the damned videos before doing anything.

The amazing thing is, if you actually watch ALL the videos, your appreciation for what this place can do will grow tenfold

Jack

I have watched all the Videos, and will just start over with my entries.

Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by BROWNING View Post
    I have watched all the Videos, and will just start over with my entries.

Wayne
    Okay, thank you.

Please remember to search the dogs name (only) first.

Look carefully at the list that pops up (W.E.'s Gage was already there as N2W's Gage, for example.)

If you see Gage already there, then just select that dog who becomes the sire to whatever dog you're entering.

If it's not there, then enter the full name of the dog, which will conduct a second search, then enter.

I deleted the extra dogs and you're back in.

I didn't find Thailand in the list of countrys a day ago when I was putting some dogs up, just a heads up

Quote Originally Posted by Milky View Post
    I didn't find Thailand in the list of countrys a day ago when I was putting some dogs up, just a heads up
    Didn't see this, but thanks!

I have just added Thailand as well as the country of Bahrain ... sorry I missed this for so long ... but it is taken care of now

Dog of the month

Seen this on another site awhile back and it seemed like most of the members really got into. Jack I figure since this is a dog site and your into photos this might be something your interested in. Basically have member post pictures either in a category of males, females, pups or just one large group to see who has the best looking dog photos of that group. Let it last all moth with member voting for the best of the group of pictures. The other site offered some kind of small prize but I believe( and I'm speaking for myself here) that just being recognized by other members of the site would be a good prize. Just thought I would put this out there as somethingto thinking about and see if any other member would be interested in