Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kong

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Nut

Kong

Second time in a week i didn't hear my alarm for some reason and dog was left with the kong chewing 3 houres.
    Usually leave em 30 minutes. Might be a stupid question, but would it be better to skip chewing the kong for a while? Im 5w out.

Glad to hear someone else gives a Kong.It sure builds jaw pressure.I have 1 that will destroy the lrg.kong in about 30 but hes a bigdog.I use tires also but take them away after the sidewalls are chewd up.

I might skip him for a day or so, not for any particular health reasons, but so he does not become bored with it. I had a hard keeper once that would destroy a wood house in a day, a plastic barrel would be chewed down one side in a couple three days and a root did not stand a chance. He dug a hole deep enough to bury a man. I eventually tried a car tire. He fought that tire what sounded like 23 hours a day. With the tire in there the wood house was safe. He lived to be 11. I could not say whether the tires took a couple years off or prolonged him by ???? because he was not eating wood, plastic or roots. I can't see any hours on the kong as long as it is in one piece afterwards. EWO

Nut
    swamp i think about 6 dogs used this kong so far, some were pretty good biters.(up to 46 lbs) and none of them took a piece out. i like them
    guess some dogs are just born destructive lol

i dont realy think it builds jawpresure but more likely muscle endurance. keeping the same bite for longer periods of time. or is that what you mean

ewo, i dont think he will get bored with it. just thought 3 hours could have been to much. not doing any bitework from 14 days out tho.

They actually build the muscles around head and neck giving them better holding power.Like I said before I found the kongs I used to use truck tires and at first they ycouldnt move them but after a few months they would flip them with ease.

True. I had one that was a 31 inch truck tire. In the beginning it was a bite and drag. In time it was a bite and flip. In time it was slinging it against the side of the pen. It went on for hours every day. Beat down 98 degree sun or ice and snow on the ground. It was him and his tire and all was perfect in the world. EWO

Lol Some dogs will chew all day if giving the opportunity to do so.
    QUOTE=EWO;25599]True. I had one that was a 31 inch truck tire. In the beginning it was a bite and drag. In time it was a bite and flip. In time it was slinging it against the side of the pen. It went on for hours every day. Beat down 98 degree sun or ice and snow on the ground. It was him and his tire and all was perfect in the world. EWO[/QUOTE]

I don't leave any of my kongs with the dogs unsupervised as I'd rather be safe than sorry. My house dog can tear one section off the kong in about 30 minutes, so I'd hate to see what one of the yard dogs would do if they had one for 3 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyPaws View Post
    I don't leave any of my kongs with the dogs unsupervised as I'd rather be safe than sorry. My house dog can tear one section off the kong in about 30 minutes, so I'd hate to see what one of the yard dogs would do if they had one for 3 hours.
    Lost a very great game grandson of Kelly's Mojo raising to a Kong toy son left it it with him over night and it was in pieces in the morning! Couldn't pass it and the $7,000 vet Bill couldn't be reached forcing us to put this very special dog down! We have a lawsuit against the toy company now! don't go by the weight on the toy all bulldogs should have the xxl one do to the jaw muscle endurance! And never allow them to have it unattended and teaching your children that they cannot leave them with any toys would help too
    better to be safe then sorry! miss you baby boy we will scratch into the greats in the sky one day!

Quote Originally Posted by ragedog10 View Post
    Lost a very great game grandson of Kelly's Mojo raising to a Kong toy son left it it with him over night and it was in pieces in the morning! Couldn't pass it and the $7,000 vet Bill couldn't be reached forcing us to put this very special dog down! We have a lawsuit against the toy company now! don't go by the weight on the toy all bulldogs should have the xxl one do to the jaw muscle endurance! And never allow them to have it unattended and teaching your children that they cannot leave them with any toys would help too
    better to be safe then sorry! miss you baby boy we will scratch into the greats in the sky one day!
    $7,000 vet bill???

Where do you live??

That should be a $600-$800 vet bill.

You could have driven the dog to a different vet ...

Jack