Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quality bulldogs bred to Staffordshire terrier

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quality bulldogs bred to Staffordshire terrier

Has anybody recently made this cross and was successful? If so I would like to know your thoughts comments or concerns? I’m actually making a breeding now but I would like to hear comments on this particular breeding thanks.

Let me be clear, I have absolutely no hands on experience with either the Staffordshire Bull Terrier or the American Staffordshire Terrier, let alone either of them crossed with a gamebred APBT, so my thoughts are based solely on my knowledge of what is my interpretation of the gamebred APBT.

If you indeed have quality bulldogs why would you think that adding either SBT or AmStaff blood would be in anyway beneficial ? I have read and re-read your post and am really at a loss as to how to reply with anything but questions of my own. I will ''say'' that I think adding either breed to an APBT of game lines is only going to produce dogs that are less then a gamebred APBT and something greater then a SBT or AmStaff.

I am not trying to be disrespectful to you in any way, just trying to understand your train of thought with what you hope to achieve by such a cross ?

Mr.Fox's Alvin dog had Staff blood correct ? Didn't Tudor and Carver supposedly keep and send back to Ireland for game staff blood ? I know when in Ireland Ive seen some real good Staffs .

Quote Originally Posted by TrailerTrash View Post
    Mr.Fox's Alvin dog had Staff blood correct ? Didn't Tudor and Carver supposedly keep and send back to Ireland for game staff blood ? I know when in Ireland Ive seen some real good Staffs .
    ...and what ?

The OP asked had anyone recently made the cross and found success with it, can you provide some modern examples that are competing and winning in today's game ? Can you explain to me how any of today's top bloodlines would benefit from the addition of SBT or AmStaff blood so that the resulting offspring could compete successfully and be an overall improvement on the breed to warrant such a cross ?

Again, I am not knocking the man or his breeding endeavours, just trying to understand what one would hope to gain from such a breeding to what is in my mind an already perfect breed in that it's best examples lack for nothing.

There is always a chance that you end up with dogs that you really like. You just need to ask yourself why are you breeding that way and what are you looking to achieve.

What are the traits of the dogs you are breeding and what traits are you looking for out of their offspring? We need to understand that before we can answer your question with even the slimmest chance of maybe helping out.

and what ? Well I do not think any breeder dogman would tell you the recipe but will surely sell you the soup . You wanted an example , I gave one . Sorry it was not recent enough . I gave that example because the owner is on this site . Sorry if I offended you or ruffled feathers but about ten years ago I know a dogman that told me he added some game staff blood to add bone into his dog . That's a little more recent lol

Let me guess, peds were changed to hide and protect the secret recipe and one of those pups grew up to be none other then the great El' Titere.

No but I've petted Tietre!!! I would not do not but some do and have some luck . I just worry about what I feed . I answered a question on a post , chill out boss.

lol good for you!!! Correct me if I'm wrong but this is a subscription based public chat forum on the APBT. The OP made a post that made me genuinely curious. I'm not worried about what the next man is doing but I am curious as I have stated what one would hope to accomplish with the addition of SBT or AmStaff blood. You gave one such reason by giving the example of the dogman you know adding for bone. My question would be...at what cost came the added bone size.

Look I hope the OP has every bit of success he is hoping for, I hope he has a litter of El' Titere's.

I'm with you my friend , I do not condone it and stated such face to face with the person who did it .