I have a bitch with a uterus infection and she was prescribed Enrofloxacin 136mg. The dosage is 2 capsules once a day. Initially, she would not eat at all, and had large amounts of fluid leaking from her. After three to four days on the antibiotics, she ate just a little bit, and continued to have large amounts of fluid (puss like substance with some blood) leak out of her. Eventually the liquid stopped leaking out of her, and her appetite returned to normal for a day or two. Now it seems like we are nearly back to the starting point with her. She continues to have fluid leaking out of her, and her appetite seems to be getting less and less again. She is still eating, but not as much as she should be. My question is, if you have been through this before, what have you found to be the best course of treatment? It has been recommended that I have her spayed. As much as I hate to do this, in this case, I do believe it is the only thing that will spare her life. The vet will not do it, however, until I can get her health back up. Her red blood cell count is low, and her weight is low as well (skin and bones). She normally weighs 60 to 62 lbs. Last time I took her to the vet, she was at 52 lbs.

Any advice on how I might get her healthy enough to go through the surgery? Thank you for your time and God bless.

SHOWBOX