Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chain weight

Quote Originally Posted by CA Jack View Post
    I do the same thing: every time I bake chicken, make burgers ... or cook anything that leaves an oil behind ... it is saved for the dogs.

Thanksgiving (turkey) and Christmas (goose) are especially good times to be a dog around here

Jack
    I do the same too, except I remove the skin from the chicken before it is baked or BBQ'd and save it in the freezer for winter.

I love chicken skin though ...

Quote Originally Posted by BSK View Post
    What aBout when the meat is cooked with onions? Does it still have a negative effect on their white blood cells due to the onions cooked with it?
    I personally never cook my meats with anything on it ... my onions, if I use any, are in salads.

Jack

Kool I just wanted to mention that because some people dont know the negative effects onions have on dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by CA Jack View Post
    I love chicken skin though ...
    Me too, tastes great, but it's so bad for ya. I guess once in a while is ok.

I can't let a single chicken skin go though

I save any cooked oils here too. It is a decent fat source and helps keeping weight on the dogs in the winter, especially the hard keepers. Inexpensive as well. And I agree jack, what is the point of skinless chicken? We just did some quarters on the grill and the first part I ate was the skin. EWO