Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: ((( MY THOUGHTS ON FEEDING RAW )))

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Bojacc357 View Post
    I myself have fed kibble and raw. I have used some good kibbles and seen them live and perform fine on it. Still, when I found a deal on raw I notice the difference in my pups and older male who was starting to get gimpy is noticeably more energetic and hasn't been stiff lately. Family come over that had noticed his age catching him months back and are like man what did you do. He looks 2 again like his old self. I honestly use oils, coral calcium, parsley twice a week, and a boil egg. My raw has organs in it and I am very happy. I feed every 12 hrs. Right now I'm feeding chicken backs. I have also used beef tripe, chicken leg quarters, ground chicken and beef. Every once in awhile I get a cow head. I also buy beef leg meat bones. My pups mom looked great on kibble but my pups genetics show just as much at 7mths. Carbs are in brains, spleen, and other parts so adding then is no necessary. Here are a few pics. No work

This is there mom grown on kibble no work and looking good

These are her pups at 7mths. I have walked them maybe twice cause of strays and city life and they are hot pups. I set in the yard with them and bring them in the house at night for play and QT is all. I am a believer in raw now and see the difference. If you are worried bout cost get on google and search. Here Walmart sells 10lbs bags of quarters for $6.48. That's $26 for 40lbs. It's bout the same most pay for kibbles and better. You can find 40 to 50lbs for under $20 if you look though.

We hear about the benefits of feeding raw all the time. until I witnessed it for myself (WOW) I could never feed kibble again. I'm currently exploring all avenues and reading much as I can on the subject. Along with CJ material I also found these book's. Work wonders :Raw Meaty Bones by Tom Lonsdale, and Raw Dog Food Make it easy for You and your dog by Beth MacDonald. I'm somewhat of a worry wart so I gathered info from a few sources. You are correct its like turning back the hands of time!
    LOYALTY BEFORE ROYALTY !!!

R2L
    feeding kibbles is fucking up my dogs right now. regret i tried.

you see the pieces of skin in their coat, their coat looks rough and they are losing hair.. in the middle of the winter. allot of stool, its not compact, it stinks like hell.

they look skinnier, although they weigh more, wtf..

and that's from dog lovers gold, the one kibble that had the best review from jack

i feel like i have to recover them few months now by switching back to raw

Quote Originally Posted by Kimo615 View Post
    Ya know ....that's a good question. Food for thought. I gotta Google that now. Jack may know the answer. I wash my raw meet....and I get it straight from the butcher but it still could be affected. But then that goes back to wolves or wild dogs...they are exposed to that and much more and survive so I dunno.
    From all of the reading I have done, and from my actual experience feeding a yard of 60-85 dogs raw for 2 years (and from feeding a yard of 10-15 dogs raw for 5 years), they don't get sick from eating raw meat or bacteria. A dog's digestive acids are MUCH more powerful than a man's, and virtually no bacteria that plagues us can survive it, so a dog can happily eat what you and I would barf our guts out over. That is a FACT, so if any "one" dog gets ill from salmonella, than my guess would be that "one" dog is a defective animal (i.e., is weak or has something wrong with its digestive tract, etc.).

In fact, just to re-prove this to myself, last night I fed my only remaining dog (Amazon) chicken that had literally gone bad. It was rotten and it stank like shit. Well, she ate it, she is not sick, and she had a perfectly normal stool this morning. If I would have eaten that I would have been sick for a month.

So if your dog gets sick on raw, then there is something wrong with your dog.

Healthy dogs look the best they will ever look in their lives eating raw

And I have fed enough GD dogs, enough different ways, for enough years, for the duration of their entire lives, to say this with 100% conviction.

Jack

BTW Sam, your dogs look great

Quote Originally Posted by CRISIS View Post
    no....dogs have died black, ...mind you it was a handfull of dogs vs the multi THOUSANDS of folks feeding it....but the fact is A DOG CONTRACTED SALMONELLA.....

my question is if a dog CAN get salmonella from something such as kibble (or whatever the source)....how are raw fed animals not affected?.....those stagnent ponds you see in the south...FULL of snapping turtles....yet i see people letting theyre dogs swim in those if they arent swimming themselves.....yet no reported related incidents??
    it's not likely... look up dog food recalls and salmonella you will see most of them are in regards to people actually getting sick and not the dogs. dogs can get it, but the animal probably already has something wrong with him and does not have a very strong immune system. they are built to eat raw animals. never heard of any other species making fire and thoroughly cooking their meal meal before consumption lol

Quote Originally Posted by CA Jack View Post
    BTW Sam, your dogs look great

Thanks Jack but that's not my hounds. those are Bojacc357 hounds. First chance I get ill put some up of mine!

Idea

Quote Originally Posted by R2L View Post

you see the pieces of skin in their coat, their coat looks rough and they are losing hair.. in the middle of the winter. allot of stool, its not compact, it stinks like hell.

and that's from dog lovers gold, the one kibble that had the best review from jack

Yes I can feel your frustration with the Junk food diet "kibble" . Here's something else to consider. Hounds teeth or not getting clean unless we brush them ourselves on a kibble diet. in the case of feeding raw, with the right size bones our hounds teeth are assured to be cleaned. Rotten teeth and gums causes problems to the mouth. infection works on other parts of the body. At the end of the day that's money going to the vet's pockets. feeding raw has so many benefits its astounding. Propper nutrition is the building blocks for any successful Champion with longevity hounds or humans!!!

P.S. Just trying to help!

ANOTHER RAW FEED QUESTION....

LOOKING FOR OPINIONS AND INPUT...I GOT 40LBS. OF LEG QUARTERS TO START AND I WANT TO GRIND IT IN TO 1.5 LBS. PACKS..GOING TO MIX IN SOME

TRIPE AND SOME ORGANS;HEARTS AND GIZZARDS...ADD MY SOFTBOILED EGGS AND MULTI VITAMIN AT FEED DAY...QUESTION IS...

WILL IT MATTER THAT I REFREEZE THE CHICKEN AND LAYOUT ENUF FOR 2/3 DAYS AHEAD? GUESS IT'S MY OWN EXPERIMENT....

Quote Originally Posted by rodburner View Post
    LOOKING FOR OPINIONS AND INPUT...I GOT 40LBS. OF LEG QUARTERS TO START AND I WANT TO GRIND IT IN TO 1.5 LBS. PACKS..GOING TO MIX IN SOME
    TRIPE AND SOME ORGANS;HEARTS AND GIZZARDS...ADD MY SOFTBOILED EGGS AND MULTI VITAMIN AT FEED DAY...QUESTION IS...
    WILL IT MATTER THAT I REFREEZE THE CHICKEN AND LAYOUT ENUF FOR 2/3 DAYS AHEAD? GUESS IT'S MY OWN EXPERIMENT....

Why grind it?

Quote Originally Posted by R2L View Post

I fed Amazon kibble for a weekend and hated the way she looked (and how much water she drank) just from that