Thread: crop or not

crop or not

Jack why don't you crop, your dogs ears? I believe the only dog I have seen of yours with cropped ears, is stormbringer... I guess what I really want to know is, who started that and why? lol

Re: crop or not

Quote Originally Posted by FACE203
    Jack why don't you crop, your dogs ears? I believe the only dog I have seen of yours with cropped ears, is stormbringer... I guess what I really want to know is, who started that and why? lol
    Actually, the only dog whose ears I cropped were Red Angel's.

I sold Stormbringer to Leon, and Leon was the one who cropped Stormy's ears.

I haven't cropped a dog's ears since 1990 (i.e., Red Angel's) ... simply because I like them better natural. The natural ears enhance a dog's facial expressions ... which means you can "tell what they're thinking" better when they have their natural ears.

Jack

Forgot about RA, but that makes plenty sense...

i like them uncropped. some of the bigger dogs(UKC REGISTERED) look good with cropped ears, but i prefer the uncropped on the gamedogs.

I leave my dogs ears natural. (also I think a dog with cropped ears looks more intimidating to neighbors...)

For working dogs, I've been told its a disadvantage to have cropped ears as it leaves the dog open. Any truth to this?