Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: deworming pups

deworming pups

just aquired a couple of pups from a old friend of mine and he claimed that he just dewormed the pups twice, 2 days before i picked pups and and the day before i aquired them. this morning i woke up to bloated styomachs, loose, bloody stools where u could see the worms and tapeworm segments, which looks like little white grains. i called him up this morning and he told me he has been using 8-1 safegaurd 4 dewormer which i never heard of.

the pups will be six weeks in a couple of days, so i was going to deworm them myself but didnt want to deworm them again if the had just been wormed a couple days before.

any suggestions on how long should i wait until i worm them with a different dewormer, or do you think they will be fine with time

R2L
    i would def deworm them today with a good wormer. and repeat in 14 days.

ok will do thnx bro.

Safeguard is fenbenzole, fendbenzol takes 3 consecutive days of treatment to be effective, if you dont do it correctly & underdose..... In theory your creating a "super worm" thats going to be harder to kill! Same goes with antibiotics.....

I'm using the safeguard for goats on my new pup

Just curious why for goats. Do u worry about overdosing, or it being to strong for the pups

thnx guys as of right now the pups are doing fine and I put them on nemex-2 dewormer

The safeguard for goats is in liquid form easier to measure out

Quote Originally Posted by CRISIS View Post
    Safeguard is fenbenzole, fendbenzol takes 3 consecutive days of treatment to be effective, if you dont do it correctly & underdose..... In theory your creating a "super worm" thats going to be harder to kill! Same goes with antibiotics.....
    3 consecutive days, twice daily, at the correct dose.