Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sores on pups

Sores on pups

Got a buddy that has some pups and all them have little sores on their legs at 2-3 wks old. Just wondering what this could mean. Thanks in advance

It means they are probably covered with piss because he hasn't changed the bedding.

All puppies do, every few minutes, all-day / everyday, is piss and shit in their whelping box. Even when mama tries to clean them, it doesn't take long for the pups (and mama) to start losing hair & get scabs/sores all over themselves.

The solution would be to remove the bedding, clean the whelping box ... bathe the pups & mama ... and repeat this process every 2-3 days.

No that's truly not the case kept in the house in a crate that stays clean.

Happens in crates in the house too ... sometimes especially crates, because there is nowhere for the pee to drain.

I'd have to see pictures.

I will get some but if its that is there something to treat them they are like scabs.

Have to change paper twice daily

K will let him know thanks

Quote Originally Posted by elder View Post
    I will get some but if its that is there something to treat them they are like scabs.
    Yep, that's what it is, piss. I'd bet $100-1 ...

You could be right never seen or had that happen but the crate always looks clean the times I've been there.

I've had it happen plenty of times. It's a lot of work to keep those suckers clean