Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: ((( ALL DATABASE UPDATES / QUESTIONS / SUGGESTIONS GO HERE )))

Quote Originally Posted by AmberLamps View Post
    I'm just thinking out loud here, but would it be possible to implement a calendar system into the database to keep track of a bitch's heat cycle?
    Nothing wrong with thinking out loud.

We do have a Calendar already here. Click on the subnavigation link Calendars, and then you will see Add New Event.

You can click Recurring, and set it for every 6 months

Jack

Nut
    I dont know if this was brought up already. But if u change the amount of pedigrees showed, you lose the dog id in your url.
    Would be nice if that didnt happen incase you want to copy paste it to someone else.

Nut

I think there may be a problem with the make favourite tab. I'v tried to add a few dogs to my favourites list, only when I click the make favourite tab, there's nothing showing in my favourites list.

Yes, the Favorites tab isn't working right now.

We've been working on another database for awhile, a photography database, and that's been taking up a lot of our time lately.

We'll get back to this one once the other is finished.

Jack

finally posted some peds hope they are above par. I did have a couple of their pics but the upload option wasn't working from this particular device. I will try from another one when I get the chance.

Great board jack you and your brother have done outstanding and continue to do even better.

question for the forum

Say you have a dog that you have raised to the age of 18 months. its name and litter is in the data base. now lets say they it dies. is it proper to take it out the data base? no pups off it and no other record. now you can use the name again on another pup. at the same time it subtracts the number that was in the litter. THOUGHTS:

Quote Originally Posted by stopem View Post
    Say you have a dog that you have raised to the age of 18 months. its name and litter is in the data base. now lets say they it dies. is it proper to take it out the data base? no pups off it and no other record. now you can use the name again on another pup. at the same time it subtracts the number that was in the litter. THOUGHTS:
    Good question ... and my thoughts are NO, don't get rid of it.

Leave it in. The dog was a legitimate dog, it lived, and "erasing it" is actually a falsehood of sorts.

Not to mention this database might be the only record (and memory) of its existence.

In fact, I have purposely added dogs of mine, that I loved, but that died prematurely for one reason or another ... if only to "let their memory live" somewhere.

Jack

good reason. im with you on that one

Thumbs Up

Agreed, and again, good question

At some point before I croak, I am going to document and record every dog I've bred (whether it lived or died), and every photo I took of it, for the reasons stated above.

Jack