Thread: Bitch comes in once a year

Bitch comes in once a year

I have a female that comes in once a year I have bred her twice but she has not gotten preg. Could it be she ovulates early since counting days does not seem to work I stuck the male repeatedly over the course of her heat im starting to wonder that she might not be able to have pups any insight eould be great

Re: Bitch comes in once a year

I HAVE A FEMALE THAT COMES IN ONCE A YEAR LIKE THAT http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/mo ... _id=337259 BUT SHE TAKES WHEN SHE COMES IN .... YOU MAY NEED TO BREED HER EARILIER AND OR LATER .... AND TAKE HER TO THE VET TO SEE IF SHE IS ABLE TO HAVE PUPS ..

Quote Originally Posted by Judas356
    I have a female that comes in once a year I have bred her twice but she has not gotten preg. Could it be she ovulates early since counting days does not seem to work I stuck the male repeatedly over the course of her heat im starting to wonder that she might not be able to have pups any insight eould be great

It could be a lot of things, but most likely your bitch just ovulates once a year which is NORMAL.

The "normal" range for heat cycles is every 4-12 months, with the "average" bitch ovulating every 6 months or so ... but once a year is actually still within the normal range.

Regarding her not getting pregnant, that is most likely because your timing's off. Again, bitches "normally" ovulate on the 9th to 13th day ... so it is "normally" best to breed them on Day 10, 12, and 14 ... however SOME bitches ovulate as early as Day 5, while others ovulate as late as Day 21, so if your bitch does this (and you're breeding her at the "normal" time in her cycle) you will not be getting any pups. This is why it pays to do blood sample and check for atypical ovulation cycles, if you're serious about getting pups.

It could also mean the stud you were using has problems of his own, all of which factors are easy to check for, narrow down, and deal with ...

Good luck,

Jack

Thanks bigfla for ur input I apreciate it I will take her to the vet and see

Thanks jack for responding I think she must ovulate early I count the days to the t like I always
    Have with other breedings in the past I always get pups but I will narrow everything dowm breed her early and late and take it from there with what my vet determines thanks jack

Quote Originally Posted by Judas356
    Thanks bigfla for ur input I apreciate it I will take her to the vet and see
    Thanks jack for responding I think she must ovulate early I count the days to the t like I always
    Have with other breedings in the past I always get pups but I will narrow everything dowm breed her early and late and take it from there with what my vet determines thanks jack

The best way to make sure you're breeding her while she's actually ovulating is to use the Premate Kit by Camelot Farms.

Jack

Camelot Farms ROCKS. If you dont think you can do it. go to a Reproductive vet and do a progesterone test starting day 3. do it every other day until you see the LH spike, then you will know EXACTLY on what day to breed

Thanks evo thats what I like about this site people willing to help especially expierenced breeders like your self and jack. Thanks guys will keep you posted with the turn out
    Judas