Thread: Your thoughts on these two pieces of equipment ?

Your thoughts on these two pieces of equipment ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ixCHEgjlWE&app=desktop Just at first glance which dog would you say is getting the better workout ? I would have to go with the dog on the carpetmill as he seems to be putting in more effort to push and takes longer strides which in turn works more muscles more intensely and works on his cardio at the same time. Dog on the slatmill seems to be gliding by with minimal effort which in turn gives less of a workout, im not knocking slatmills in any way im sure they are a useful tool, just my observation.

I just saw this same video posted on another thread didn't mean to posted again as I just found out after I made this post..My apologies Ladies and Gents.

QUOTE=Bolioman;25554]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ixCHEgjlWE&app=desktop Just at first glance which dog would you say is getting the better workout ? I would have to go with the dog on the carpetmill as he seems to be putting in more effort to push and takes longer strides which in turn works more muscles more intensely and works on his cardio at the same time. Dog on the slatmill seems to be gliding by with minimal effort which in turn gives less of a workout, im not knocking slatmills in any way im sure they are a useful tool, just my observation.[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by Bolioman View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ixCHEgjlWE&app=desktop Just at first glance which dog would you say is getting the better workout ? I would have to go with the dog on the carpetmill as he seems to be putting in more effort to push and takes longer strides which in turn works more muscles more intensely and works on his cardio at the same time. Dog on the slatmill seems to be gliding by with minimal effort which in turn gives less of a workout, im not knocking slatmills in any way im sure they are a useful tool, just my observation.
    That carpet mill looks to be pretty smooth to me...I honestly believe that the other dog could have ran the same way on the slat mill too but she just didn't want to run. JMHO

These are two of my bitches, the one on the right doesn't run the mill as well as the one on the left obviously, if I put the bitch on the carpet mill on the slat mill she absolutely smashed it.

I like that carpet mill (or belt mill) a lot. It is very smooth in operation. The carpet/belt does not bind up or lift as the dog pulls/pushes with each stride. Very important. Lots of carpet mills ride up or bunch, especially on the more powerful rear leg strides, and the dog has to adjust his next step to compensate for the ever changing running surface. Free seems to be the word in slat mills but I think smooth is the word for carpet/belt type mills. If it is a smooth turning mill then the level of free-ness coupled with the conditioning of the dog will determine times. EWO