Page 31 of 40 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Redboy / jocko has made more dead game dogs !

Quote Originally Posted by widerange View Post
    Often you hear rb blood for game Eli for mouth and so on and so on.
    Well, I have another post where I dispute the claim of RB dogs being known for gameness ... at least the ones I have seen (I know there are differences). And they sure as heck aren't very smart, which (to me) is a big drawback.

Quote Originally Posted by widerange View Post
    So can we take from this that the fact that Eli/carver dogs make it into that 6 or more winning group because of their ability to stop shows in shorter orders with the trait of heavier mouths and that often rb blood or Hollingsworth dogs don't see that 6+ show bc of their lack of being able to stop dogs in short order causing them to take on more damage then the Eli/carver dogs do in a single show? Or is that reading between the lines a little too much?
    Quote Originally Posted by EWO View Post
    I agree if we can drop the blood line part of the equation. I think the majority of dogs that win 6 or more do several of them in short order, for whatever reason, from whatever the line. Finding a dog who won 6 or more and 4 or 5 of them stretched to the 2 hour and beyond mark would be quite the task.
    Two trains of thought, one, the dog is perceived to be low in the proverbial gas tank after several two hour trips, and two, the owner feels less and less confident the dog can continue to go 2 hours time and time again.
    I would think most 6 and better dogs had a few quick ones along the way, either they dominated or something quit up under them and things wrapped up in quick order. EWO

That is exactly right IMO ... the HW-type dogs take too much abuse to keep going on and on ... though extremely game, they are a little ponderous, and because they take so much abuse they could only do that so many times. Dogs that win 6 or more times have to be able to really break something down, and/or have to be able to stay out of trouble, and usually both. For example, the Eli/Carver/Hetrick Gr Ch Tornado (while known and celebrated for killing 9 out of 10 dogs she faced) was actually a wizard on defense as well, killing 3 dogs without getting a single hole in her skin. Just think about that: not only being bad enough to kill 3 ... but slick enough to do it without getting touched in return. Yet no one comments on that.

Also, in keeping with this, when "the baddest of the bad" of these respective crosses (RBJ and Eli/Carver) meet each other ... in Epic battles of the Gr Champions vs. Gr Champions, it invariably seems like the Eli/Carver dogs prevail for these reasons. As a recap:

As the RBJ/BT dog Ch Nico fell off to the Eli/Carver Gr Ch IBM ...
    As the RBJ Gr Ch Zinc fell off to the Eli/Carver Gr Ch Sampson ...
    As the RBJ/BT Ch Glock fell off to the Eli/Carver Gr Ch Da Beast ...
    As Yellow's brother Ch Rocko fell off to the Eli/Carver Ch Doogie ...
    As the RBJ/BT Ch Noriega fell of to the Carver-bred Gr Ch Ajax ...
    As Ch Jocko's brother Ch Argo lost # 5 to the Eli/Carver/Clouse Ch Bumper ...
    As Ch Jocko's sister Ch Apples lost to the Eli/Loposay Gr Ch Molly Bee ... etc., etc.

Remember, ALL of these dogs were great dogs, and part of our history, but it sure seems like when the absolute best meets the absolute best of the respective lines, that it's the Eli/Carver dogs which prevail nearly every time.

Honestly, I believe it all boils down to an extra amount of intelligence ... on top of just power ... because "stupid game" (and even "stupid power") will only get you so far.

I really do think that's the difference ... you can almost see the difference in their eyes (aside from reviewing the actual match reports).

To be the best of the best, you have to be bad, yes, and you have to be smart as well

Jack

Here here stop living in the past i'am from the eli country Louisiana eli/carver dogs are not as good as the past dogs were these dogs can bit that's true but soon as you put a smart head dog on they ass they lay it down its like a stubborn kid when they can't get what they want they just holla and run and none of those dogs you name was blackjack, yellow, mayday, lukane, gator, brutus,tuffy, barracuda, machobuck these dogs are some of the best that ever did it... it is what it is jeep/redboy rascal and redboy/jocko dogs today have the highest winning percentage today period

Quote Originally Posted by DangerBoyKennel View Post
    Here here stop living in the past i'am from the eli country Louisiana eli/carver dogs are not as good as the past dogs were these dogs can bit that's true but soon as you put a smart head dog on they ass they lay it down its like a stubborn kid when they can't get what they want they just holla and run and none of those dogs you name was blackjack, yellow, mayday, lukane, gator, brutus,tuffy, barracuda, machobuck these dogs are some of the best that ever did it... it is what it is jeep/redboy rascal and redboy/jocko dogs today have the highest winning percentage today period
    You need to learn how to read correctly, because you are confusing two things: "high win percentage" and having badass, multi-winning dogs.

No one ever said RBJ dogs don't win. And, of the 9 dogs you said "I" mentioned, in point of fact I only mentioned 2.

Buddy, we weren't talking about "win percentages," we were talking about winning 7, 8, 9, and 10 fights ... being the baddest of the bad ... and, hate to burst your bubble, but RBJ dogs weren't doing it then ... and aren't doing it now.

They win lots of matches, yes. 1-2, 3-4, and (occasionally) 5-6 ... but when it starts getting deeper than that, they are no where to be found ... except Barracuda.

Yet Eli/Carver dogs are STILL winning 7x, 8x, etc., even today, so you are simply wrong. You also say that Eli/Carver dogs are the ones quitting ... um, I have news for you, of the 7 Epic Matches I listed above ... all 7 were lost by the RBJ dogs ... and only one of them (Noriega) showed dead game.

Jack

It's all dog talk anyways don't get mad about it my boy you put what you felt and so did i it's all good homie

Well, if you want to talk about "today's game" ... and epic battles "today" ... let me burst your bubble with this reality check:

Because didn't Gr Ch Homer Balboa (6xW, 1xL DOY) ... just get beat by the Eli/Carver Gr Ch Titere (7xW, DOY)?

Now, admittedly, there is 1/4 Redboy in Titere, but there is not a drop of Jocko, and the dog is basically 3/4 Eli/Carver.

Check your facts; review your history (past and present) ... because if you see a dog winning 7, 8, 9x almost invariably it will not be a RBJ dog ... it will be an Eli/Carver dog or similar.

That is just the way the ball keeps bouncing ...

Jack

PS: It's not about how we "feel" ... nor is this to discredit any line. We are just crunching numbers and quoting hard statistics.

Hahaha i'am not trying to get into argument with you about the dogs homie you good but i feel the way i feel respect it like i respect what you believe homie :-) I even like the dogs you bred and back to the mayday line it's over

Quote Originally Posted by DangerBoyKennel View Post
    Hahaha i'am not trying to get into argument with you about the dogs homie you good but i feel the way i feel respect it like i respect what you believe homie :-) I even like the dogs you bred and back to the mayday line it's over
    LOL, thank you, and I love my dogs too

Yet, in over 25 years of breeding dogs, there have been only 3 dogs of my bloodline that have won 6 or more fights ... and none had RBJ in there

Of these cross-dogs of mine that won 6 or more fights, 2 had Eli injections. The 3rd had OFRN in it, actually.

I am actually with you on the "percentages" thing: that is what I personally have always bred for.

I absolutely LOVE my percentages. I will compare my percentages with any breeder who has ever bred dogs.

Yet (when speaking of BADASS, multi-winning dogs) of all the gazillion "pure breedings" I have done, I have to admit the most any "pure" dog of mine has won is 4

And, while the Mayday/RBJ crosses have been wonderful, of all the RBJ crosses I have made, again, the most any dog of this mix has won is 4 and 5

The dogs that mine crossed with, who won 6 and 9 were Chinaman and Eli crosses ... not my preferred cup of tea ... but I have to stop and consider that facts are facts ... as history really does repeat itself

Jack

That's real homie my boy have some of your blood and i will take it back to my redboyjocko blood and i will let you know how many i put up with that cross lol!!!

LOL, best of luck to you, seriously

I don't think he read it from the start did he? And should homer be ch homer bolboa now not gr ch