Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: QUESTION ON PERCENTAGES OF A PEDIGREE NIGGER ROM

Thanks again CYJ, im going to try an explain the reason for the first question. Yes i do realize that the focus is on the dogs in the first couple of generations and you breed according to what you see and like. But i had never seen 14 GENERATION PEDIGREE before like Jack has on this site.I had went back in peds on the other site but it doesnt give it to you like this site. As matter of fact ,you was the first one who help me realize that it was possible to be done.So i tried it and quess what i got. the sire was 50%and the dam was 50%. Next dog in pedigree was mayfield nigger dog at almost 47%. now the second generation comes in much farther down the list. you have sunshine,jeff,baby,dibo,and other dogs showing up at a higher percentage. Its not that im out to breed any of those dogs but wondering how does this influnence the pups. well finally i got an answer that it does very littleand im fine with that. i was just trying to get the thoughts behind the precentage chart. I truly apoloze for all the confusion, but was just trying to clear it up for me.thanks to everyone for their response. Yes i do have some off the Mau Mau stuff with the panama red stuff in it,which this is a mau mau herself. But i do have the stuff you speak of as well. It come staight from the man himself and have spoken with him a few times.I truly like to talk to the old times and learn from the way yall have done things.I read just about everything that i can of Jack and how he reach his sucess of breeding these animals.And though I have my own thoughts of doing things, I will never overlook guy like yall,cause the proof is in the pudding. Thanks again

CYJ, I also understand exactly what you are saying with the zilla dog as well.And Im not breeding him because of the bullet blood in his pedigree,cause he have other blood as well. I breed this dog because of what he throws and his ROM father threw. I truly believe that some bulldogs will be put on the ground off this dog in the near future.You have to see the animals he put on the ground to truly understand and to know the dog. I figure it wouldnt hurt to research the dog behind him,to find where certain traits come from. In hopes that maybe you can keep these traits going on through many generation. thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by wheatie View Post
    If you had a son of nigger bred to a redboy gyp ,that pup would show up as 50 percent nigger dog.
    Wrong. A son of Nigger is already a 50% Nigger dog, so if you bred him to a Redboy bitch you'd only have a 25% Nigger dog.

Well my gyp shows up as 46.808 percent nigger. Now she not directly off nigger but very close as the precentage show.
    Correct.

Just trying to understand your precentage chart comparing to the actual dog ,thats all.
    Okay, that is fine, but you weren't very clear as to what you said. Taking the time to be clear helps the reader understand what you're trying to say.

Also, if you're trying to understand what all those percentages mean, you should have clicked on the Wright's Coefficient link directly under all those percentages ... because there is where I took the time to illustrate what it all means ... you just need to take the time to click it and read it

Just asking for some understanding without being made an ass.
    No one is trying to make an ass out of you. I am trying to 1) understand what you're trying to say, and 2) point out your mistakes.

If you think you have it all right, then carry on.

If you want to ask questions, that is great, but it's also your job to be clear. It's funny how, when I take the time to clarify what you're trying to say, "you" get irritable.

Buddy, "you" need to take the time to be clear if you expect "me" to be able to respond with precision. Be precise in your questions, if you want me to be precise in my answers.
    I was attempting to achieve this kind of precision ... if you are sloppy by nature, then this might frustrate you, but if you seek precision then BE precise.

The truth is, I have already taken the time to answer most of the anticipated questions, under the Wright's Inbreeding Coefficient link (that you didn't click), and there is a recurring theme of people not taking the time to investigate and read what I already have taken the time to provide. No problem, it's a big place here, but slowing down to take a methodical look would do you (and a lot of other people) wonders.

Nigger is dead ,come on. I spent my money on this site so i figure i would use it ,my mistake
    You have actually made several mistakes. From not being clear, to thinking a grandpup of Nigger is a 50% Nigger dog (rather than a 25% Nigger dog), to not being precise with your questions, to missing a link that actually already answers all your questions, there's a boatload you've missed.

But the biggest mistake you're making is having a pissy little attitude about being 1) asked to make yourself clear, and 2) being shown your mistakes. Clarity of thought and expression is everything, and being shown your mistakes is being given the chance to correct them

If you want to be in an environment where dumb people say dumb things to each other, there are places everywhere where this is the norm. But you'll never achieve clarity in anything like this.

So if you want to achieve clarity of thought, then make sure you first are clear as to your questions and goals.

With that said, if you review my previous response, with an open mind and a closed mouth, you will see it was a sincere desire to point you in the right direction.

Jack

Thanks for all information that was given Jack,and no i really dont think i got it all together. Im eagerly trying to learn and have read the wright coeffiecient link. Im learning things bout this site all the time and tries to use it as an advantage. One of the most important things i have learned,to be clear with my questioning. i dont know any man that feels good about being made to feel like a dumb ass whether its meant that way or not. And for that I truly apoloize and I have learned a lesson.

My personality is hard for many to adjust to, so you're not alone.

I think and write like a robot, lol, except I sometimes really can be a jerk

In my first post to you, I honestly wasn't doing anything but trying to be precise and clear on what you were hoping to achieve.

With that out of the way, if you can adjust to the way I do things, you won't find anyone in dogs who will take more time to be helpful than I will ... or who will hit the bullseye with greater frequency or precision either

Have a good one,

Jack

Hey Jack, thanks for your time first of all.and i can adjust to whatever when it benefit me. And wont hesitate to give you a line or two when i need info. Its a great thing that you share with us inexperience dogmen. So no matter how it comes,the truth of the matter is that it came.Sucess comes with bumps and bruises,which could save your ass tomorrow. So great job fellow,and may all your days be blessed. As the great word of CYJ "CHEERS"

I have seen some fantastic Panama Red x Alligator blends.

No quarter ,i have that line as well,and cant wait to breed one of them.If goes well.