Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: DEBATE ON DEX / SOLU-DELTA / CORTICO-STEROIDS

I have these articles I have referred to in the pass. They have helped me. Maybe they'll help someone else.

http://issuu.com/equestrian/docs/dru...delines2013/13

https://www.fairfieldequine.com/site...es/dex_rdm.pdf

Frosty I too keep rimadyl. I had a buddy have a terrible accident with a dog when it was young. A buddy of mine an older dogman told me if I could get rimadyl it would do him a lot of good. I had a buddy overnight some. In no time this dog who months had passed with this injury which had him walking on 3 legs was flirt poling and running up trees on all 4. The muscles in that leg were tore up so I know rimadyl works.

I even give some dex at 0,15 mg/kg after roles with head damages. And Metamizole for pain. Even a dog who won't stand up cause chest damages will walk and piss.

I understood mixing painkiller with dex is not the way to go

guys rimadyl or carboprofen (not sure on the last name) its great
    I give it after rolls . they love it

unlike some I feel like rolls should be fun and the dog should have a good feeling about it

I use Deramaxx over Rimadyl it is easier on the stomach.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldoghistorian View Post
    I understood mixing painkiller with dex is not the way to go

guys rimadyl or carboprofen (not sure on the last name) its great
    I give it after rolls . they love it

unlike some I feel like rolls should be fun and the dog should have a good feeling about it
    Agreed. And even if it doesnt have the mental effect ur about, at least they dont have to feel shit.

I never had a problem giving low dose of dex and metamizole. Not mixing it together, to be clear. Would like to hear if this is in fact not smart.

Really good thread and many thanks to everyone shared their knowledge.

It's good to see folks work together and put aside their differences… As was said, the bottom line is that we are all on the same side.

Some very useful info here and I will have to read it again a few times to make sure I have a better understanding.

A comment about Rimadyl, it can have some bad side effects and can do damage to the liver. Some dogs cannot tolerate it at all.

A quick question… from one of Frosty's posts --

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyPaws
    You need to expand volume so blood and oxygen can start to reach through the body.
    How would TFX's info on Organic Germanium (Ge 132) fit in with all this? From what I understand, GE 32 increases the oxygen in the blood and promotes healing.

http://www.thepitbullbible.com/forum...m-%28Ge-132%29

Seems like the Ge 132 would be worth administering to promote healing once the dog is stable.
    Common sense isn't so common these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Nut View Post
    Agreed. And even if it doesnt have the mental effect ur about, at least they dont have to feel shit.

I never had a problem giving low dose of dex and metamizole. Not mixing it together, to be clear. Would like to hear if this is in fact not smart.
    "Metamizole is marketed under various trade names, including Algozone, Algocalmin, Algopyrin, Analgin, Dipirona, Novalgin, Neo-Melubrina and Optalgin. Metamizole has been used for decades in many European (excluding the UK, but including most of continental Europe, including Germany, Italy, Russia and Spain), Asian (China, India, Indonesia and Thailand included), African (including South Africa) and South American (including Argentina and Brazil) countries, despite this, it has been found to have a potentially fatal side effect of agranulocytosis (a dangerously compromised immune system; its rate varies significantly country-to-country), aplastic anaemia and hypersensitivity reactions (like allergic reactions such as anaphylaxis). It was once widely combined with various other active ingredients, but since concerns over its safety have been raised in the late 1960s and 1970s its use in combination products has been in decline and in some countries, banned."

We don't use this drug in the US, and (based on some internet research) it sounds like an archaic, forgotten remedy and not very smart to use 1) in combo with dex and 2) on a wounded animal susceptible to infection...

???
    Last edited by Doc Ellis; 04-21-2015 at 01:57 PM. Reason: redundant info