Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is the best type of scales for weighing dogs?

I use hanging dial scales which allows you to weigh up to 1/4 pound. Digital scales are nice. I simply don't have any.

Quote Originally Posted by scary View Post
    I am not a big fan of the digital scales. You need to be extra careful with them. If you knock them around any you run the risk of messing the pressure plate up and getting the wrong weight. you run that risk with any scales but digital are a lot easier to mess up. I don't know about anybody else but mine wont work if its to cold outside. And if your battery's are going dead you run the risk of getting the wrong weight as well. As soon as this set breaks I am going to run with the manual scales from now on.
    all the above are true
    problem is most get really upset if a digital scale shows a 20 gram difference
    I always change battery with every keep and at the end I make sure I double check with a other non digital scale

I don't know about anybody else but mine wont work if its to cold outside. And if your battery's are going dead you run the risk of getting the wrong weight as well.
    Jup, experienced the same. The digital one I posted on the previous page doesn't have problems with cold. What I did with the other one is keep em inside at room temperature until weighing.
    As for the battery problem. Change em regularly and double check with another scale last week. Can't go wrong then.

This is the one I use

http://ie.rs-online.com/web/p/weighing-scales/7898882/

it states operating temp plus 5 to plus 35
    I would recommend plus 10 to plus 25

I still use my hanging scale that I brought from the feed store maybe 10 years ago. Never had a problem with it. A friend gave me a 50 pound test piece that's used to test elevators. It's made of steel.