Thread: sugar

sugar

Is sugar really bad for a dog ? I ask this because most of the supplements have a level of sugar in them and I have heard yes and no when it comes to it being bad for the dogs .

Re: sugar

The fact that there is sugar in some dog supplements has more to do with the cheapness of the company than of any nutritive value of sugar for a dog.

Jack

Quote Originally Posted by CA Jack
    The fact that there is sugar in some dog supplements has more to do with the cheapness of the company than of any nutritive value of sugar for a dog.

Jack
    Is it harmful in your opinion ?

To much sugar may be harmful but a small amount shouldn't be!..I feed my dogs yogurt once a week and don't have any problems and I kno yogurt has sugar in it

What dose yogurt do for a dog?

Quote Originally Posted by dance all night rece
    What dose yogurt do for a dog?
    Helps food digestion

Plain yogurt has no added sugar and is what should be fed to a dog. (When I say "no sugar," I mean no added or processed sugar.)

The lactose sugar in yogurt isn't what's good for the dog, dogs can't even use it (and, sometimes, they're bad for the dog). In point of fact, it's the probiotics in yogurt that are good, and feeding pre-sweetened yogurts is not as good as just feeding plain yogurt.

Feeding Kefir is even better.

Jack

Quote Originally Posted by CA Jack

Feeding Kefir is even better.

Jack
    Thank you for the tip jack!
    So who carries it?

Kefir is good stuff. For humans and dogs.

I make my own water kefir , milk kefir and cider apple vinegar, barring the acv, I never thought about introducing the kefirs to the dogs, must give it go. if kefir is good for them, kombucha could even be better ?