Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: I know it's no piece of cake but..... Build your own mill. Here's why....

Quote Originally Posted by BLADE View Post
    Thanks.
    The picture came up crooked but it worked. I appreciate the help Gator!

Thanks Buckgator! I used select pine from Home Depot, I hand picked my pieces to get the best ones. Select pine is a nice wood in comparison to a lot of the other choices. Lol, if I would have known the mill was gonna work as well as it does I would have spent the extra money and bought oak. I routed the edges and put a 1/8" spacing between my slats. I used 1 15/16" steel casters for my bed rollers. Anyway, it works good but as far as building another one goes.. It will be later on, I have a jam up turn table design figured out so that will be the next project on the to do list.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckgator View Post
    Nice! The pine will probably only last 20yrs LOL! All Good!! Keep me posted on the turn table that sounds like fun.
    Will do!

I have an HF Mill from Spain and it is top notch. Don't know much about the mill maker but his name is on the mill. I bought it from a buddy of mine here in NC local. Whoever got this mill here to the US I am sure paid a fortune but it is here and I now own it for $450

this is my second build it's getting easier and easier and cheaper too
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mill.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	130.6 KB 
ID:	1205  

One thing I forgot to mention in my previous post is where I got my 1 15/16" conveyer wheels. This company has good prices and lots of options.

http://www.kornylak.com/