Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stone City Male @ stud

Sounds like a great dog, and nice-looking too, but why make him go uphill 6 lb

That wasn't the initial plan. After arriving and finding out the original was a no show we were presented with an alternative male. Based on what i was told by the previous owner of Viet Cong and assessing the weight and condition of their dog it was a decision i was comfortable with making.

6 pounds dam that's a lot to give up.

It may have wasted his career, but I suppose it was just a long, hard check.

Regardless, I like the way he looks, a lot: he looks smart, fast, and like he's got a good temper ... on top of being very game and well bred.

Good luck with him. I am sure he will throw some nice dogs.

Bump still at stud. Looking to get him bred to some nice gyps.

Question for you guys. How is it there is a black dog with white blaze but yet his immediate ancestors are red and or buckskin? Red and buckskin can't throw black. What am I missing here?

Maybe because he has some black dogs in his ped.

Quote Originally Posted by loot View Post
    Maybe because he has some black dogs in his ped.
    That doesn't make sense. A red or buckskin dog isn't holding the gene to produce black dogs, if said dog had the gene then that dog would be black because black is dominant and red is recessive. It isn't a poly genetic trait. A black dog can produce a red dog because a black dog can have the gene to produce red but it hidden because the black is dominant. The red dog that the black dog produced no longer has the gene to create a black dog. A red can only has the gene to create more reds, buckskins or whites. A red dog can only produce a black dog if mated to a black dog. Every single one of the Viet Kong's grandparents are buckskin or red. Impossible for a black dog to pop up from that gene pool.