Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alfalfa

CYJ, I didn't see any advantage in using it to be honest. I feed it strictly for the minerals and what not. The kelp I used on all bitches just to prevent any type of thyroid problems as I've had issues with that before.

Ditto FrostyPaws. I figured as much, thanks for the reply. Any one wishing to try herbal type supplements. Should buy the Eat right for your blood type book. It has all the human blood types and the best recommended herbals/foods etc.

For instance, Alfalfa is a avoid herb for any O Blood types, which I happen to be a O+ blood type. Alfalfa will worsen my Asthmatic condition if I take it. My wife being a A Blood type has tried Alfalfa tea with no bad effects. It is considered a super beneficial herb for A blood types.

With all that said, one stills needs to see some good results. If not best to move on to something else. Noni Juice is a very good product that appears to be good for all blood types. I take two ounces AM & PM each day along with concentrate lemon juice. Helps my Rheumatoid joint pain and works well with my meds. Cheers

Great reading as usual, fellas. I learn a lot just from reading the normal conversations like this. Whether it's dog related or how CYJ just related human health to this topic. I'm thankful for you all's posts.

I always commend the ones who are willing to try something different and then be honest about their results.

I used kelp a lot with the Fila Brasileiros for the thyroid issues as well. I can't say whether it worked or not. Over the years I had two that had issues and 4 or 5 that did not. Maybe it helped some I am not sure. When we first got into the dogs one of the old timers said, "Son, this is what you do". I followed in the beginning and in time started to form some of my own opinions. The two bitches that had thyroid issues were on the kelp, and that was early on. I stopped and the next two or three after that did not.

I am just about sure it did not hurt anything.

I never tried it or Alfalfa on a bulldog.

But I did run out of hay one night and all the feed store had was an expensive ass bale of alfalfa hay. I figured it would get me through the night. The dogd ate it like it was prime rib. I thought I was going to have to run a garden hose down their throat like a horse with cholic. They shit clods of hay for a day or so. I am sure it was some horses some where wishing I had not wasted it on some old dog. LOL

EWO

EWO, the alfalfa I feed is a powder..Not the hay!! LOL

I know, thought I would just add a little with a play on words. LOL

Great series of posts.

S