Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Fever

read my post on Tick diseases

Great info. Following this thread... Thanks to those sharing advice.

So he's been basically healthy since Saturday. He's just not at 100% strength right now but recovering real well. So still not sure what causes the sickness though the hookworm definitely contributed to the anemia. As far as the fever, we still don't know. His most recent hematology came back normal although the HCT is still on the low end of normal due to anemia; working on bringing it back up again. Vet said his weakness, tremors, hard to move/walk is a muscle injury. I have to disagree because when he's healthy he never showed those symptoms so I don't think it's muscle injury.

Anyways, just keeping him on short walks now and 2-3 min springpole sessions whenever he goes crazy in the house and start biting everything. Hopefully he doesn't get sick again now we got rid of the worms. Still waiting ont he 4DX kit (they ran out, still waiting for order to arrive) to test for heartworm, lyme disease, Ehrlichia canis, Ehrlichia ewingii, Anaplasma phagocytophilum and Anaplasma platys. I also asked for a full tick borne panel but vet insisted because the PCR for babesia was very sensitve/accurate and came out negative we don't need to do a full tick borne panel again (his E.Canis the most common one over here was also negative).

Damn Skip, are there any tests left? I'd be frustrated as hell!!! Glad to hear he's on the road to recovery!

S_B

4dx is the last one. I sent you a PM as well. This is the most mysterious disease ever because all the test came back negative.

Quote Originally Posted by skip11 View Post
    4dx is the last one. I sent you a PM as well. This is the most mysterious disease ever because all the test came back negative.
    Didn't get the pm. My box was overloaded, just cleared it out. You can try again.

S_B