Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is this a true blue gamedog?

Allot of info on blue dogs. You can see how they are related to other families in the Summer issue 2010 ADBA gazette, Rare Don Mayfiled youtube video on Matfields Dibo and so on and so on.
    If he performs good and is bred good who cares about what color he is?

Unless you are breeding for color. Not breed a good dog because of color is just as bad as breeding a bad dog for a certain color.
    Base it on performance.
    They put ability and Hy bred vigor into other strains.

I used one and bred him only once way back in the pedigree and never gotten another one that looked like him no matter how tight bred.

Don't show on internet pedigrees but ADBA Analysis show down from Adams GR Ch. Kingfish, Crenshaw, Carver ,Clemmons & Kinard.

http://www.thepitbullbible.com/forum...p?dog_id=62787

Great advice CYJ, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by CYJ View Post
    There was also the rare Blue Brindle colored dog. My Father had one back in the 50's off of Mr. Trice's line of dogs. The rest came Tiger Brindle and another beautiful color Red Brindle. A lot of these odd colors are just throw backs coming off the different English/Irish and Scottish blend of dogs that make up the dogs we have today.

IMHO,Some of these traits come more predomatley through the AM Staff families of dogs. If your dog's bloodline goes back to some of the AM Staff dogs same ancestors. A similar throw back in color can occur.

IMHO, if you get certain color of dogs most of the time. Then up pops a puppy or two that is totally different in color from the rest. Is usually wise to hang onto them and see how they turn out. They make very good dogs, these throw backs sometimes can be bred back into it's same bloodline. Giving the bloodline for a lack of the proper word, hybrid vigor. Without going outside your bloodline and introducing another entirely new set of genes. Cheers
    How's it going CYJ? Thanks again for the wealth of knowledge you provided concerning my future breeding.Pardon me guys if I'm take the thread in slightly different direction.
    I have a question about the above post, so if you don't mind can you elaborate on the throwback pups.

Like does the throwback provide hybrid vigor, because they offer a somewhat different mixture of genes. Also if bred back into the family, this will look like line breeding/ inbreeding on paper, but would you personally consider this somewhat of an outcross? Lastly what traits do you believe this dog would most likely present? The dogs or dog it's a throwback too or the family of dogs you're actually breeding.

If my understanding of throwbacks is completely off get me right fellas! Any and all responses are welcomed.

Hello Ceasar. Best example I can think of, was when C. Middleton bred his Boze dog (June's Boze) to then Chandler's Face (J. Young's Face). This was many years back. Up to then due to the strong Eli gene trait he only got black/white, Black/Red/Black with light white markings.

Then all of a sudden in this one particular breeding mention above. Up pops a solid white female pup in that litter he later names Middleton's White Gal. This pup may have or not had white tattoo ticking in the skin.

He called me asking what I thought about this white pup. This pup just stood out from all the dogs he had bred from his stock of dogs. I could only figure it was a throw back coming through maybe Art's Missy or some of the Ed Crenshaw dogs. Since Maurice Carver had a all white dog from Ed Crenshaw at one time called Carver's Snow.

I advised him to hang on to that pup and see how White Gal turned out. Middleton's White Gal turned out to be a very good dog and producer. Producing Middleton's White Baby who produced Middleton's (Truett's Prince), Jones' Jug Head, Middleton's Snow (another all white bitch dog). All of these white brood bitches were very good dogs and producers. You can research their pedigrees on here. Cheers
    Last edited by CYJ; 05-07-2018 at 06:58 PM.

i dont see a red tint so id call that blue as well imo alot ppl say seal when there is no red tint thats a dusty tint more blue id say

IMHO, if you get certain color of dogs most of the time. Then up pops a puppy or two that is totally different in color from the rest. Is usually wise to hang onto them and see how they turn out. They make very good dogs, these throw backs sometimes can be bred back into it's same bloodline. Giving the bloodline for a lack of the proper word, hybrid vigor. Without going outside your bloodline and introducing another entirely new set of genes. Cheers[/QUOTE]

Very interesting.