Thread: Weight Gain

Question Weight Gain

I Have male hound that’s not gaining no weight at all -he’s been dewormed multiple times still nothing
    Tried raw feed nothing, high protein feed still nothing,

Don't know how old he is, how much weight has he lost or are there any other symptoms but I would definitely start with blood work so you don't waste time guessing.

The blood check is always a good start.

Some dogs just stay thin thru metabolism and constantly being on the go.

I have two out back now. One stays razor thin even if he ate a five gallon bucket of food a day. Another looks hog fat on a handful food.

I would up the fat content of the feed. Beef fat and chicken fat first, even adding a honking spoon of lard every other day.

Weight gain is only possible when the calorie intake is more than the calorie usage. Some dogs only eat a handful or so, or do not have a killer appetite. From there the object would be to make the meal as calorie dense as possible. The best means being fat intake.

Best of luck.

EWO

Adding fat to his diet is an excellent idea. Chicken backs have a lot of fat, full milk cottage cheese is good too. Or make up some Satin Balls, those have a lot of fat and should help him gain weight. The receipe for those is online, just google Satin Balls.

The bloodwork should be done too, in case it is a medical problem.
    Common sense isn't so common these days.

Thank you he’s 11 months old....he’s @ 25lbs but eating like everything just not picking up weight ....waiting for blood work to come back....stool check came back negative......but thank you

Thankyou

BREAK HIS FOOD DOWN TO TWICE A DAY (EQUAL PORTIONS), TRUST ME HE'LL GAIN WEIGHT.