Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a different kibble.

Nice writeup, EWO. I think the major problem is that most of us have fallen prey to the dog food manufacturers' marketing. We try to do the best we can for our best friends and they certainly know how to capitalize on our emotions. I actually remember Field Trial. Hard to forget, never seen anything like it. I worked at a boarding kennel in the late 80's and that was their basic kennel food. I guess everyone wants to know what's the best dog food... Sort of like asking what's the best bloodline. I only feed a couple and so cost to me is not a factor. However, if I was feeding many I would certainly try Valu Pak -although it's not available in the Pacific Northwest. Costco has their own basic maintenance brand. About 30 bucks for 50 lbs I think. I wouldn't hesitate to try that either.

I've fed dog feed with corn before the "corn free" fad ever came around, did the dogs survive on it? Yes.
    I have also fed feed with corn since the corn free fad has been here and compared to ANY corn free feed the waste/clean up is most definitely noticeable. Feed with corn has stinky ass shit. No matter what brand I've tried, it stinks like hell and is a mess cleaning up. If the couple bucks a bag for corn filled feed works for you then by all means keep scooping that nasty shit. I prefer less waste and less stink. Shit is a pet peeve of mine. Can't stand nasty shit, so if being a corn free freak is bad then call me bad.

Brickface- those prices are absolutely ridiculous. I'd smack the feed store guy the next time you see him. He should at least give you a free tube of lube with those prices.

Lmao brokeback! I'll never look at dog shit the same again.

Funny, I was going to say the same to Brickface.

It's true though, I hate nasty shit with a passion. And I always get it with feed with corn. Only downfall to the stuff IMO.

I feed my older stud dog and the puppies something different. Loyall Life by Nutrena. I get mine at TSC. $40 for 40lbs. Good feed.

@brasso that Costco kibble is good stuff for the price.

Dang fellas extra lube lol. I feed the Victor Hero Canine $79 on chewy. I'm definitely gonna look at other options.

I didn't ask what formula you were feeding but I honestly didn't know any Victor was over 50 something. I was Victor's biggest fan for a long time but I'm off that wagon now and happy I am.

sportmix wholesomes works well for me.

Hurd valu-pak was a good feed.

We have our pup on Natural Balance Lamb and Brown Rice. I also give him a supplement called N'zymes sprinkled over his feed and these little bites from Zesty Paws that are supposed to be good for thier immune system.Hard little black turds,easy clean up.

SBCK

I switched from TOTW to Purina Sport 30/20 and am really liking it .