Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Inbreeding

Jack how do you feel about father x daughter when it comes to a blood like the wildside dogs? they consist of many diff dogs an 2 0r 3 diff lines ! like this pup here http://www.thepitbullbible.com/forum...p?dog_id=26410. i also hope to take his sis back to the moms brother which would be her uncle!!

Quote Originally Posted by DabridgePit View Post
    Jack how do you feel about father x daughter when it comes to a blood like the wildside dogs? they consist of many diff dogs an 2 0r 3 diff lines ! like this pup here http://www.thepitbullbible.com/forum...p?dog_id=26410. i also hope to take his sis back to the moms brother which would be her uncle!!

Hi;

There really is no way to answer the question intelligently without knowing/seeing the individual dogs. You're talking about more than just a father/daughter breeding, you're also talking about uncle/niece breeding, and tying it all in, so essentially you're talking about building a bloodline.

As for Wildside dogs, he like any other breeder has produced hundreds of dogs ... some lousy, some so-so, some pretty good, some damned good, and some really badass. Same with their conformation, temperament, etc. ... and since I don't know the answers on the particular animals you're speaking of, so the best I can tell you is what do you think about your own dogs?

Is the father truly a world class dog? Is his daughter? How about the sis/uncle?

What are his best strengths? (if any)
    What are his worst weaknesses? (if any)

Based on all the dogs you've seen in your life, when you think about your main stud dog, is "he" what you want to more of (to the exclusion of all else) ... or is he just another so-so dog and do you wish you had better? These are the kinds of question you should answer for yourself before contemplating the commencement of building a bloodline.

When I based my yard on Poncho, I felt he was the smartest, best dog I had ever seen up to that point and (even though he lost), I knew his loss was my fault, and he showed so game to me that if he would have gone any longer I would have lost him. I never thought about another stud dog again ... and never looked back ... and I would do it all over again if I had him back on my yard ... and Poncho's production record confirms my opinion of him.

I never would have dedicated everything to a so-so dog. At his best, no dog would scratch back into Poncho, he was never bit more than 2-3x before he would pitch a shutout, and he never committed a turn at any point in his life, even when he was underweight and almost lost his life to Ch Leonard. I was absolutely confident enough in the dog himself, I was equally-confident in how good his littermates were ... and I was further absolutely confident in how game his father and mother were (and their littermates). In short, I was 100% confident I was dealing with a truly foundational animal in Poncho. And the rest, as they say, is history

If, in your heart, you really have that kind of passion and confidence in your male, then embark on an linebreeding program and dedicate yourself to its creation and preservation. But if, in your heart, you only have a so-so dog (down from so-so percentages), then I wouldn't waste my time, effort, or resources ... because it's a lot of work trying to develop a line and it takes YEARS to see the payoff. However, if you do make that kind of commitment, and if everything pans out the way you've envisioned it, then there are few things in these dogs more satisfying.

Best of luck,

Jack

Bump up for 2020...