Thread: Tail and ears injured at the ends.

Tail and ears injured at the ends.

I have always used raw meat and fresh food for my dogs.
    I have been using extruded feed for a few weeks because I can't find meat. Some dogs show tail and ears injured at the ends. I am trying to solve the problem with various supplements and zinc creams with bad results.
    I need advice please.

Lots of tail tip issues are the result of dehydration. Make sure the dog is hydrated. I have a few that are simply too busy to stop and drink regularly. I mix water in their feed pan to ensure liquid consumption.

It is amazing the amount of blood that can come from the tip of the ear or the tip of the tail. And healing is a slow go as well.

Hydrate them and see if that helps with the tail issue.

EWO

Quote Originally Posted by EWO View Post
    Lots of tail tip issues are the result of dehydration. Make sure the dog is hydrated. I have a few that are simply too busy to stop and drink regularly. I mix water in their feed pan to ensure liquid consumption.

It is amazing the amount of blood that can come from the tip of the ear or the tip of the tail. And healing is a slow go as well.

Hydrate them and see if that helps with the tail issue.

EWO
    Ok, ok, many thanks. I'll try the advice.

Maybe coconut oil would help? You can add it to the food and also rub it on the ears and tails. It is a good supplement. I use the organic cold pressed one sold for humans, it is useful stuff.

I hope you can get meat and fresh food again, that is a great way to feed. But these are not normal times. Be careful and be safe, good luck.
    Common sense isn't so common these days.