Thread: My pups balls!

My pups balls!

One looks swollen and is bigger then the other.He is 6 months old.I will be taking him back to the vet soon but I wanted to know what you all think.Is this something I should take more serious?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3B8A8345-646C-4EA4-8340-EB5F253334CD.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	90.1 KB 
ID:	1464  
    SBCK

Also,he has demodex and skin bacteria,which I have him on nexgard and lime sulfur dips to treat.i have never had a dog with any of these problems.
    SBCK

Its been 5 months on nexgard, and I have also used Nu-Stock, and all sorts of other shit and my dog still isn't 100% healed from demodex.I would not recommend nexgard from this experience,and the vet seems like they want to just suck as much money from me as possible rather then heal my dog ASAP.I bought 1% ivermectin today and will begin giving him daily doses.Ill check back in and let everyone know the progress.Im putting this here for the next dog man who runs into this issue.
    SBCK

This is a mange treatment from way back n the day. Bathe him down in any type of oil. Used motor oil, olive oil, mineral oil. Crate him for fifteen to twenty minutes. This basically kills/drowns the mites. Then wipe him down. Wait a couple of days and repeat.

I have known people to mix permethrin in the mineral oil.

Most demodectic comes back. You may need to do something to boost his immune system.

Then use a 12 oz. bottle of Isopropyl Alcohol. Add two teaspoons of Boric Acid. Add 12-14 drops of genetian violet. Put it is a spray bottle. It is purple and stains everything. Use it for an ear and skin treatment, and then for a monthly.

The alcohol will acts as a carrier but will quickly evaporate removing some moisture from the affected area (ears). The boric acid will lower the Ph so both bacterial and fungal growth will stop. The genetian violet will act as a topical.

EWO

I give him zesty paws immune system treats.I’ll try out Jacks recommended dosage of ivermectin for 2 months and see what happens .I will also try out your spray .Im not sure if bathing him in oil will be effective,as the mites are deep in his hair follicles and oil glands.He gets a yellow,flakey crust on his ears and forehead that won’t go away,I’ve tried goodwinol,antibiotics(topical and orally) ,nu stock,A& d ointment none of it has worked thus far. He is 8 months old btw.They say it’s juvenile onset and that once cleared it’s unlikely to come back ,as his immune system naturally gets stronger as he matures .All dogs have the mites that cause demodex ,it’s only when the dogs immune system is weak/immature that the mites over populate and wreak havoc on the hair follicles .
    SBCK

The oil will 'drown' the mites in the hair follicles.

I just inherited a puppy with the same thing. One mid size bottle of olive oil. Two treatments over the first week and now three weeks later he is no longer naked.

Your call. Your dog. Your money.

The purple spray is the most effective skin treatment I have used. Period. I wish I had met the old crazy lady that turned me onto it 40 years ago.

Best of luck. Hopefully you get it figured out.

EWO

I bought a bottle of baby oil to smooth out the nu stock,I will drench him in it later today and put him in the crate for 20 minutes.Then repeat daily until the baby oil is gone. I really like this pup besides the demodex,so Im willing to try anything to get him right.It should be noted that its a mild case,his forehead,ears,two spots on his back and a spot on his tail.I thought with it being mild it would be easy to get rid of but no sir!
    SBCK

Adding salmon oil to his food will help boost his immune system which should help with fighting the demodex. Hope you get it cured, many dogs get it at that age and grow out of it.
    Common sense isn't so common these days.