Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Crosses vs. Inbred/Linebred bulldogs

Sounds like a plan Frank43.
    Can't go wrong with the 1/2 brother x sister. breeding. I have more than 1 family but with some families I stick with that style of line breeding 1/2 bro/sis over & over. Cousins ( Belly mates outcrossed and put back together )also works the same way.
    That style of breeding maintains hybred vigor a little more to me.

Agreed 1/2 brother 1/2 sister is the easiest way for a non-breeder like me to make breeder like decisions.

Some of the better heavier Red Boy dogs I have seen are the ones with multiple strains of Red Boy. 1/2 brother 1/2 sister can get three-four-five strains of Red Boy with out risking 'in bred Red Boy dogs'.

Good topic.

EWO

I was thinking use gameness, durability in the breedings in the dogs that i think are responsible for it. Then breed to different studs. Add athleticism, style or finish with the different studs Hopefully keep the co efficient of inbreeding down and keep what traits that I want in it. Seems like ti would work in theory. Crews did it with his rocky III dog. Still like 50 percent rocky III as a grandfather. He bred it to different females. I think this is beautiful. Hopefully the real life matches the paper. I think if you can stick to the plan and be selective of what you were looking for when you made the breeding it should.

http://www.thepitbullbible.com/forum...p?dog_id=46547

Quote Originally Posted by EGK View Post
    What really gets me is that Titere is really 3/4 line bred Chinaman other than the touches of Hammond and Eli it's consistently brought back chinaman. Even Chinaman brother Boy to his mom is part it his ped. Looking at his I went and did a test breeding of a male back to his mom that was 44.3% coefficient and the same dog bred to his mom sister was only 19.8% coefficient. To me Titere is bred much tighter than the names and coefficiency system tells. Had this discussion with a buddy last night that saw Titere. He said he didnt think Titere would really produce. I really begged to differ. Had my shot I guess to breed to him when he was a 2xw. I just want to be on record as saying I believe Titere will produce. Just look at the 3/4 outside of the very top 1/4.
    This post ^ was from 2015 and how right he was as El' Titere now has as of the time of my post produced 5 champions and has shown to produce regardless of the dams breeding.

I have read through this old thread a number of times now and have learned something each time.

I would love to read anyone with a pedigree analytical mind to post their thoughts on Gr Ch Croata's pedigree and why in their view he has proven to be such a prolific producer regardless of the dams breeding as it escapes me.

https://www.thepitbullbible.com/foru...p?dog_id=42662

What was the dog like individually? Now I look at the dogs I have and how they are. I look at the pedigree and wonder who is responsible for what.