Thread: Catchweight Carver dogs.

Catchweight Carver dogs.

Does anybody know where I can purchase a Carver dog that is Catchweight please? Thanks!

The Paladin line produced some really big ones. I had one female directly off Paladin. Was a nice built black female but big as a half-grown calf. LOL Was only about 18 months old.

The Jocko-Red Boy dogs throw some big dogs. V. Jackson's dogs can be on the larger size due to the Creel and Bully Son line added to the smaller older stock he had. Dogs bred down off the Hammonds line can come on the larger size.

Bigger dogs are more popular today, more so on the Bulldog size and not the bull terrier size dogs. The bigger dogs can be easier to condition whereas the smaller dogs take more attention to details and skill, IMHO. Cheers

Thank you very much. Can you point me to breeders that breed and sell these dogs please? I already know of Hammonds. I really liked this, I just don't know of any breeders that produce these dogs. Any more help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you again!

I do not know if Hammonds still sell dogs or still has a kennel. You could contact him, tell him what you want if he is still in business. I do not know of any contact #. V.J's # is on those two latest pedigrees of Grizz 11 and John Snow. Garner may have a big dog up for sell.

Getting any straight family bred Carver dogs are very rare today. Most are owned by known Mexican dogmen and their Families down Mexico way.

The dogs, including puppies today, Carver or not, are sold way above my paygrade. Top quality dogs of any breed are today very expensive. Cheers

Your the best!

Mr. Carver had a good eye for certain dogs. He also could access dogs from Mexican dogmen and Texas dogmen of his day. He had some personal Tudor Dibo x Tudor's (Carver's) Black Widow dogs. Started blending that with Kinard- Ed Crenshaw dogs, then Boudreaux/ with some Cotton's Bullet added in some of it. One dog being Kinard's - E. Crenshaw's Sad Sack. Full brother to Mr. H. Teal's Ch. Tip and Ch. Susie Q dogs. Was some Lightner blood in that cross.

You could probably throw in a few of Peggy Harper's Am Staff bloodline along the way. The Harper Bloodline went back to some of the best Doyle and F.G. Henry English bred dogs. Overtime, he sold various breedings of these dogs. Around the 70's and 80's was some of his best breedings.

When asked why he bred his dogs this way or that way? His reply was he thought it might be good. Cheers