Thread: Weight pull

Weight pull

I was looking at my Abner dog again today. He's strong pound for pound and built for weight pull. Any people with experience. Also I heard the rules don't split things into weight classes. I thought any weight pulled was divided by the weight of the dog. A pit is a pound for pound dog. Crossing into bigger breeds is against the fundamental concept of a pit. Let's talk.

I have just ordered a couple harnesses from Stomper but currently use a Stillwater harness for drag work . I have been dragging chain and window weights but once these harnesses get in I will be competing . I plan to do ADBA and I believe there is over 45 lbs and under classes . They did change things up though , sure their website has all the info . Bigger breeds and pit bulls , remember Land Of The Giants pitbulls ! I visited the yard and was not convinced they were pure . He wanted to buy a male I had in the early 90's once he saw him . Had a friend bring me to his yard because he didnt believe how big my Bullseye was . He was like 80 lbs hog fat , big ole bastard .

Who is stomper? I have some regular body harnesses. I have one weight pull but it is a different kind. I have some lengths of chain I can use. Different sized. I'll figure it out. Abner is strong. Ill look up the rules. Mark the distance on the field. Try to get him used to pulling x distance on command

Stomper is a custom harness maker . Had the padded neck and shoulder build I was looking for . Now I start a dog with a quarter body weight and pull for say a half mile . I always take it slow . Never on concrete or pavement sir , always grass or deep sand I prefer . I drag for distance low weight now , thing in comp its 16 feet in under 60 seconds . All mine naturally love it so was quite easy . Walk em in the harness maybe pulling an old milk jug with rocks to get em started if young . Hope this helps a wee bit .