Thread: GUMS ARE WHITE

GUMS ARE WHITE

THREE LITTER MATES ARE 10 MONTHS OLD ARE EATING GOOD ,STOOLS ARE HARD DRINKING OK . I HAVE WORMED THEM BUT THERE GUMS ARE WHITE AND NOT MUCH ENERGY. MAYBE I NEED TO GET A BETTER WORMER ,OPEN TO SUGGESTIONS .

Quote Originally Posted by BEN AND MIKE View Post
    THREE LITTER MATES ARE 10 MONTHS OLD ARE EATING GOOD ,STOOLS ARE HARD DRINKING OK . I HAVE WORMED THEM BUT THERE GUMS ARE WHITE AND NOT MUCH ENERGY. MAYBE I NEED TO GET A BETTER WORMER ,OPEN TO SUGGESTIONS .
    Get their blood works checked by the Veterinarian for Blood Parasites

You really need a good vet. A lot of basic things you can handle. A good vet can help. You can't progress as a yard of you're losing dogs for preventable things.

WHAT WORMER ARE YOU GIVING THEM? AND DO YOU HAVE FLEAS?

Blood showing on outside of stool usually means hook worms. Blood inside of stool, tar looking loose stool usually is whip worms. Whip worms will kill even a grown dog fast. See flat segmented worms are tape worms. Round worms are just what they are called round worms.

You have not listed what wormers you are using. Ivermectin should kill all these blood worms except a tape worm. The Veterinarians have control over the best wormer for that. Have a heavy flea problem, will keep getting tape worm infestation.

Got to get rid of fleas and any tick problem and clean dog runs every day. Over a period of time, you will have to move dogs to a new clean site. If on bare ground will have to till up old site put down proper insecticide to kill fleas etc. and lime the ground.

When new site becomes too unclean. Can move back to old site and repeat the process. A never-ending story. Cheers

Go to vet. I don't see what the problem is. There are a lot of basic things you can fix. If owning multiple dogs you need to save money. Take dog to the vet. Dogs get in accidents. Some one said they got rid of a puppy because a littermate was kept in another state got parvo. Feed store parvo shots are not same as vet parvo shots. Vet parvo shots are current with strain and are kept at the correct temperature. They give better immunity. Get a cbc. This fear if a vet sees you and knows where your dogs are you're a target. Makes no sense.